Windows 10 release date and Backwards Compatibility

Dobbsjr

So, today while I was watching Scrapyard Wars I got a notification saying that the release date for Windows 10 is July 29. Can anyone confirm this and will my Window 7 software be compatible with Windows 10?

BTW July 29 is also my birthday. :)

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

I got this very same message yesterday and mind you I rocking not really legitimate copy of Windows 8.1. 

Windows 10 for everyone! :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

You should download more RAM then...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I uninstalled the update that installed the pop up. Other than my one kid and wifes computers and im 50/50 on my laptop, i have no intentions of Upgrading my windows 7 pc's yet windows 10 kills media center completely and i need media center and untill i know what games are problematic in win 10 my kids pc will get updated around august/september ish.

I uninstalled the update that installed the pop up. Other than my one kid and wifes computers and im 50/50 on my laptop, i have no intentions of Upgrading my windows 7 pc's yet windows 10 kills media center completely and i need media center and untill i know what games are problematic in win 10 my kids pc will get updated around august/september ish.

How to use your kids pc as a guinea pig in 3 steps, now that's what I call using the benefits of being a parent :D

And yes it's a free upgrade for everyone(or so they keep telling me).

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

How to use your kids pc as a guinea pig in 3 steps, now that's what I call using the benefits of being a parent :D

Its not like that he wants me to upgrade to win 10 cuz its new but i told him not till i know how many of his games wont work right. like when he got win 8 on his new pc some of his games had problems till they were updated.

If you bought the copy of Windows you're upgrading for legitimately/legally, it is free forever.

If you bought the copy of Windows you're upgrading illegally/illegitimately, it is free for one year and then costs $100~.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

If you bought the copy of Windows you're upgrading for legitimately/legally, it is free forever.

If you bought the copy of Windows you're upgrading illegally/illegitimately, it is free for one year and then costs $100~.

Where did you come up with the $100? Mind linking me a source?

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Where did you come up with the $100? Mind linking me a source?

I'm going to have to pin that one on myself. Bit of an estimation, considering retail Windows packages like 7 and 8 when they released.

More like < $100.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono