Fuzzy onboard audio ingame

I recently got a hyperx cloud headset and using onboard audio on my H87 Asrock Performance motherboard and whenever I am ingame I can hear this buzzing or fuzzy sound constantly. In some games it is more intense than in others. For example, in Bioshock Infinite its very loud, but in CS GO its not too bad. This only happens when I am in a game. If I alt tab out it stops. At the desktop there is no problems at all.

I think a sound card should solve this issue as I believe it is a problem with the on board sound. I am thinking of getting a Asus Xonar DGX. Any thoughts?

Are you using the rear ports or the front? If it's the front, they tend to be a bit fuzzy and low quality. 

If not, try unplugging USB cables and moving the lead for the headset away from things to see if it helps. It may be interference outside of the case. 

Are you using the rear ports or the front? If it's the front, they tend to be a bit fuzzy and low quality. 

If not, try unplugging USB cables and moving the lead for the headset away from things to see if it helps. It may be interference outside of the case. 

I have it plugged into the motherboard at the back. I don't think it is being affected by things outside the case because it only happens while a game is running. But if I alt tab to the desktop it doesn't make the sound.

Provided the sound seems tied to GPU load, getting off the onboard audio may help. Report back if you buy anything.

Provided the sound seems tied to GPU load, getting off the onboard audio may help. Report back if you buy anything.

Ok thanks for the feedback. I am going to get a sound card this weekend. I'll try to remember to come back and tell you my results.

I got a Asus Xonar DGX and it solved all the issues I was having. The sound quality was improved by quite a lot. I wasn't expecting much of a difference but after listing to music and playing games for a day I am surprised by how much the sound quality has improved.

The only problem I ran into was when I was installing the card. It was conflicting with my onboard audio and my pc kept turning off and on every 3 seconds or so. I resolved that issue by disabling the onboard audio through the device manager and bios.

I got a Asus Xonar DGX and it solved all the issues I was having. The sound quality was improved by quite a lot. I wasn't expecting much of a difference but after listing to music and playing games for a day I am surprised by how much the sound quality has improved.

The only problem I ran into was when I was installing the card. It was conflicting with my onboard audio and my pc kept turning off and on every 3 seconds or so. I resolved that issue by disabling the onboard audio through the device manager and bios.

Good to know. Sounds like your onboard audio was pretty compromised; usually the difference isn't that large, but sometimes getting a soundcard really helps, as you discovered.