Confused about Computer Cases

PleaseHelpMeNow

Hello.

I have looked at several different computer cases and i have a few questions.

1. What are standoffs for?

2. Why do some cases have a hinged door at the front, wouldn't that hinder air intake?

3. If the only way to add another fan to the front of a case is by removing the storage bays, where do I put the storage?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Standoffs are used to raise the motherboard from the case so that it does not make contact with it.

Some cases have front panels and the air intake is still good- it's always a bit restricting if you have a panel in the front.

Storage such as SSDs can now be mounted on the case inside walls, usually behind the motherboard. Same can be said with Hard Drives- double sided foam tape can be used however, that's not an "official" way to do it.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Standoffs for the motherboard support. It add sturdiness making it fit snug without bending the board. Some cases do have doors, if you decide to get one of those, get an SP (Static Pressure) fan (the blades are thicker than airflow fans) but it doesn't affect the cooling circulation. Sometimes you can stack the HDD bays on top of each other.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

standoffs so your motherboard doesnt touch metal

no, usually theres air vents to compensate

usually you can put the storage bays back, and fans fit between the drives and front of case. 

Hello.

2. Why do some cases have a hinged door at the front, wouldn't that hinder air intake?

3. If the only way to add another fan to the front of a case is by removing the storage bays, where do I put the storage?

1. standoffs are for the motherboard, so it is slightly raised above the metal casing on the case so the soldered parts don't come in contact with the case.

2. they are designed like that, and no it usually has side ventilation.

3. you can remove 1 hard drive cage on some cases so you still have somewhere to put your drives. some cases also have mounts at the back of the motherboard tray, or mount them with double sided tape.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Hello.

I'm no expert on cases so I will skip the first two ...

You can pull the drivebays out and reconfigure them ... You would normally need 2-3 drive bays anyways ... So you can remove 3 of them . Also , another neat way is instead of stacking them , mount them or put them on the bottom , make sure they are secured , some case support this , others don't . You should look detaily on the case you like and plan out how you would move the drive bays ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...