Help With Water Cooling Setup

So I'm going to be setting up my first custom water cooled pc. I already have a tried and true system that has exceeded my hopes and want to continue to moving forward by setting up a custom water cooling loop. The only problem is...I've never done one before. So, i've been doing research on what I need/ Like and was hoping to get some feed back on whether there are better options available, better layouts possible, or if im doing something stupid that will cause WW3. My budget is around $800, and i want to cool my CPU and dual GPU's. Also, sorry it's kinda a long post.

The loop will go: Pump/Res combo -> CPU->Dual 140 rad (mounted on the top) -> Dual GPU's-> Dual Rad(mounted to the front with a push pull config) -> pump/res

My System setup is:

Case: Corsair 760T White

Power supply: EVGA 850 watt

MoBo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z

CPU: AMD FX 8350

GPU: 2 Sapphire R9 290 ( not the 290X) in crossfire

I was researching and came up with the fallowing list of parts I want to use:

CPU Block: EK Supreme LTX AMD CPU - Acetal

GPU Blocks:EK-FC R9-290x - Acetal ( x2)

Bridge: EK Terminal Block Dual Parallel 3 slot block

2 5.25 inch bay pump/res combo: EK-DBay D5 PWM (incl.pump)

Rad's: Black ice nemesis gt stealth 280 rad (x2)

Coolant: Mayhems aurora 2 coolant concentrate 250ml silver

Fittings: EK compression fitting straight 1/2*3/4 (x9)  /   Enzotech 90 degree 1/2*3/4(x1)

Tubing: PrimoChill clear 1/2*3/4 tubing

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

As for you loop and costs you might be squeezing it a bit at $800 for CPU and a dual GPU loop. As for your loop order it won't really matter in performance and cooling since the fluid moving through your loop is going at such a fast rate. For that waterblock on the CPU it's discontinued so I'm not sure how available new old stock of that part is.

One important thing I suggest to not use is Mayhems Aurora's coolant it's a show coolant and designed to be change out at about the 3 month mark and not for long term use since it has that flake which will clog blocks. Something like Mayhems Pastel is good for long term use since it's a "nanoparticle" coolant.

In general though it's not exactly the best solution to custom cool the AMD CPU since the gain it will receive isn't much compared to using an AIO unit.

I will take your advice on the coolant. I have heard mixed reviews about it but really just wanted something white that I didn't need to swap out every few months. The loop was really to get the GPU temps down. Since I was cooling them, I thought i would go for broke and add on the CPU too. I checked between frozencpu. com and performance-pcs.com and it seems like it should be around $800 plus shipping.

I will take your advice on the coolant. I have heard mixed reviews about it but really just wanted something white that I didn't need to swap out every few months. The loop was really to get the GPU temps down. Since I was cooling them, I thought i would go for broke and add on the CPU too. I checked between frozencpu. com and performance-pcs.com and it seems like it should be around $800 plus shipping.

Note FCPU is still closed and not in service your best bet is Performance PC's. If you want a white colored coolant something like Mayhems Pastel white is a good choice it's usually recommend for any loop to maintenance it every 6-12months, I personally use the Pastel white in my build with no issues. 

Also I just noticed you have an odd number of fittings it's always suppose to be even since it's two fittings per component, you should have 10 for all the components in your loop.

http://mayhems.co.uk/store/ice-white-250ml.html

I was hoping for a maintenance plan around once a year ( if possible), but if i can get maybe 8 months I'd be happy. For fittings I want to use 9 straight ek compression fittings and one 90 degree compression fitting.

I was hoping for a maintenance plan around once a year ( if possible), but if i can get maybe 8 months I'd be happy. For fittings I want to use 9 straight ek compression fittings and one 90 degree compression fitting.

Ah ok your using the build together adapters/fittings.

I'm open for other brand parts, I thought i would make it simple and go with everything from one brand to avoid any compatabliity issues.

I'm open for other brand parts, I thought i would make it simple and go with everything from one brand to avoid any compatabliity issues.

All those products are good quality brand and items but I'm not too sure about the Enzotech fittings never used them before but there isn't that much to making a good fitting as long as they know what they are doing. 

True, one of my other concerns was whether or not the pump/res combo would be powerful enough for the loop? Also, Do you think this would be enough Rad space to get pretty cool temps?

True, one of my other concerns was whether or not the pump/res combo would be powerful enough for the loop? Also, Do you think this would be enough Rad space to get pretty cool temps?

Yes the D5 pump is more than enough, and being the PWM version you can adjust that via the motherboard fan control software. As for rad space they are 30mm thick rads with a good fin density which should work well since they are 140mm rads, usually it's recommend 120mm rad space per component.

Since Frozencpu is not a thing anymore, where is a good spot to pick up water cooling parts?

Since Frozencpu is not a thing anymore, where is a good spot to pick up water cooling parts?

Peformance Pc's, Dazmode, and NCIX as long as stuff is in stock.

Yeah Performance-PC is on point. I ordered a complete custom loop with a ton of little items added on that I figured would take them a few days to find in their wearhouse. I ordered at midnight and my entire purchase shipped the following day at 11 AM. The quickest turn around I've experienced. Aquatuning is supposed to be good too but I have no experience with them. The only part of my loop I didn't order from Performance-PC was my Titan X block\backplate because they didn't have it in stock yet. I ordered that from EKWB. Anyways I'd recommend Performance-PC for sure. I'm actually ordering 2 Liters of Mayhems Ice White Pastel and EVGA White sleeved PSU cables from them tomorrow =)

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

I'm looking at EK's website now for the main components, and getting the rest at performance-pc. It's also below my budget. Do you guys think back plates for the gpu are worth picking up?

Also, totally random question. Do rads typically come with mounting screws? None of the sites seem to say?

Also, totally random question. Do rads typically come with mounting screws? None of the sites seem to say?

I purchased Alphacool ones and they did so I assume the others would too, as for backplate it's more aesthetics than anything else but they can help cool any memory chips on the back slightly.

For the GPU's, I was planning on getting a parallel terminal block to connect them. Would be possible/ a good idea to to have the input and the output for the configuration on the top of the top card? It would make for cleaner runs to have the input be a straight compression fitting and exit to the right with a 90 degree compression fitting, but I'm not entirely sure if it will cause me to limit the flow to second card or cause any potential build up of dyes and other junk to form in the bottom card.