Over clocking i5-4690k

Idk if this is good or bad, I'm stable at 4.9 but the core speed and multiplier keep bouncing around under load but not at idle. What does this mean.using cpuz, prime95, and speedfan

What voltage are you using and what are your temps?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Temps are 50-55 and voltage is 1.400 but runs better at 1.410-1.425 but same thing occurs

Temps are 50-55 and voltage is 1.400 but runs better at 1.410-1.425 but same thing occurs

Max temps under load?  Try downloading IntelBurnTest, since you'll likely get more accurate load temps.

They are accurate, I tested it with Aida 64 and they were around the same thing. I have h100igtx which is why I am sure they are fine but I don't know why the frequency bounces around so much

Idk if this is good or bad, I'm stable at 4.9 but the core speed and multiplier keep bouncing around under load but not at idle. What does this mean.using cpuz, prime95, and speedfan

What are your BIOS settings? 

My build: tis be ordered

My first assumption is that you're experiencing throttling. What cooler are you using, what are your temps under a 100% load, and what program are you using to stress the CPU?

Oh, by the way, I recommend RealTemp to measure your CPU temps. Here's a download link: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

They are accurate, I tested it with Aida 64 and they were around the same thing. I have h100igtx which is why I am sure they are fine but I don't know why the frequency bounces around so much

There is no way your temps are accurate.1.4volts with 4.9 ghz you would be hitting near 100c.  Aida 64 isn't properly maxing out your cpu.

The speed is meant to fluctuate.  When a core is idle it will usually drop to save power, and only the cores that are being utilized will be at full speed.  You will usually see them bouncing many times a minute depending on the workload.  But normally under full load it should stay at the peak speed, unless it is throttling for some reason, perhaps because of temps.

isnt Prime a no no with a Haswell?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

No they are full at idle and go down when at load

I use HWBot to monitor and AIDA to stress, readings seem to be pretty accurate

-edit- HWInfo...sorry

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

No they are full at idle and go down when at load

Are you using speedfan to monitor your temp?  Because if so that is probably the problem.  Speedfan runs at a low priority, and if the cpu is being fully utilized it might not be updating your temps at all.  Go into task manager and elevate speedfan to high priority and then rerun.

Are you using speedfan to monitor your temp?  Because if so that is probably the problem.  Speedfan runs at a low priority, and if the cpu is being fully utilized it might not be updating your temps at all.  Go into task manager and elevate speedfan to high priority and then rerun.

it didnt show up in the task manager

You gotta go to details, and scroll down to speedfan.exe, right click, change priority to high.

Or, try downloading Coretemp and using that to monitor your temps instead.

I have windows 8.1 and it never let's me install it

I have windows 8.1 and it never let's me install it

It works for me and I have windows 8.1, maybe try realtemp?  It is basically the same thing.

Still not showing up. The shield thing on the icon wonto go away either even running as an administrator

Did you even read man you gave me the link for that and I said it didn't work and now your telling me to try it

Did you even read man you gave me the link for that and I said it didn't work and now your telling me to try it

I didn't give any links?  And I mentioned coretemp the first time, realtemp the second.  They are completely different programs.  If you are having trouble installing one, try and install the other?  That was what I was suggesting...

Anyway, I made a simple video showing how to elevate the priority of speedfan.  Does this help?  After changing the priority of speedfan try running aida64 and see if your temps change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGc-ImfozEs&feature=youtu.be

Actually aida64 displays the temps for each core during the system stability test.  You should be looking at those temps probably.  Make sure you have the CPU. FPU, cache, and system memory stress tests enabled when running this.

Actually aida64 displays the temps for each core during the system stability test.  You should be looking at those temps probably.  Make sure you have the CPU. FPU, cache, and system memory stress tests enabled when running this.

Those are all enabled by default. He should be able to just download/install/run. AIDA 64 is my standard monitor, has everything needed

I was between 60-65 the entire time

With Aida64, I was between 60-65 the whole time

How much do you recommend moving the voltage up every time you push it further?