looking for camera.

I am looking for a camera that is compact, has interchangable lenses, and low price. I want a camera that I can carry along with me, not worry about breaking, and do min 720p 30FPS recording and of course it needs to be able to keep up with the ability of any operator that picks it up.

Anything that fits this bill? thanks for the help in adance

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

A DSLR? Nikon D5100?

I thought about the d5100, but how fragile is it? I need to be able to throw the thing around. It will be going with me on a backpacking trip, and could possibly be dropped a few times and getting a little wet.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

If you want something affordable try the Canon EOS M.  It has pretty much the same sensor as the T3i and 60D and I think you can get magic lantern for it.

Camera:  http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Compact-Systems-Camera-3-0-Inch/dp/B008NENG1A

Magic Lantern:  http://www.magiclantern.fm/

But if your worried about it breaking then maybe you should just use a Go Pro.

If you don't care too much about the photos and you want something affordable try the Canon EOS M.  It has pretty much the same sensor as the T3i and 60D and I think you can get magic lantern for it.

Camera:  http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Compact-Systems-Camera-3-0-Inch/dp/B008NENG1A

Magic Lantern:  http://www.magiclantern.fm/

But if your worried about it breaking then maybe you should just use a Go Pro.

the reason I want to go fairly cheap, is because I don't want to worry about breaking it. The reason I want interchangable lenses is I will be using a 18-50 and a 70-210 or something similiar lense kit. I don't want a gopro simply because it doesn't have what I need. I do care about the photos I get from it, I just don't want to spend tons for a camera that could possibly be unusable by the end of the trip.

If you're looking for a DSLR that can go through hell I'd recommend a Pentax + one of their weather sealed lenses.

As for cost don't worry about buying used. If you can find one on in the classifieds ask them to meet at a camera store. Most local camera stores will check it out for you (Might have to pay a small fee, but locals are generally pretty nice) 

A used K5 + a 18-135 WR (Make sure it's a WR lens, that complete's the Pentax's legendary ruggedness) is probably a good starting point (i'd say sub 600).

Here's the obligatory video about Pentax's weather sealing.

If you're looking for a DSLR that can go through hell I'd recommend a Pentax + one of their weather sealed lenses.

As for cost don't worry about buying used. If you can find one on in the classifieds ask them to meet at a camera store. Most local camera stores will check it out for you (Might have to pay a small fee, but locals are generally pretty nice) 

A used K5 + a 18-135 WR (Make sure it's a WR lens, that complete's the Pentax's legendary ruggedness) is probably a good starting point (i'd say sub 600).

Here's the obligatory video about Pentax's weather sealing.

that might work...  does the k30 have the same weathersealing as the k5? I am looking at a used k30 for $200 and I can either use my k1000 manual lenses for it, or just buy some new or used ones.

The K30 is weather sealed as well. The only issue is that the weather sealing is dependent of if your lens is also weather sealed. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The K30 is weather sealed as well. The only issue is that the weather sealing is dependent of if your lens is also weather sealed. 

Ah true. Well! I am going to do abit more research on the k30. Thanks for the help.