Fractal Node 804 - GTX 970 STRIX

yes they will fit, maybe add another 8gb ram (i personally run out of ram pretty quickly)

I'm using 16GB of HyperX Fury Red 1866MHz, so that should be plenty...

I would just change the motherboard in your original list, and the PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4Y8qs

The Samsung 850 is not a good SSD for reability.

I myself heard that the 850 was a good SSD in terms of reliability / performance balance, but I have my MX100 512GB SSD I'm using in my laptop right now to put in my rig and save ~$100. 

The cooler comes with thermal compound, no point in buying exta ;)

The type qhich comes with the coolers is more than good enough.

Oh yea huh ... lol. I only added it b/c I already have it, ahaha. Thanks! 

I have the MSI card, and I can tell you the Asus card's is better. The MSI card has flex to the PCB and no backplate.

I would just change the motherboard in your original list, and the PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4Y8qs

The Samsung 850 is not a good SSD for reability.

What's the difference btwn. the EVGA SuperNova NEX PSU & EVGA SuperNova GS PSU?  :blink:

I have the MSI card, and I can tell you the Asus card's is better. The MSI card has flex to the PCB and no backplate.

The flex is completely fixed in the new PCB version (check out my thread) and backplate isn't needed if the card don't have flex

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Hmm... I'm not too sure which one to go with now, MSI or ASUS ahaha 

The MSI one is very quiet (quieter than the ASUS after doing some quick research), but has no backplate as you pointed out, and is clocked a little slower...

However, the ASUS card is clocked higher than a reference 980 at default, but I've seen a lot of forum posts and such where people have had problems w/ it ... coil whine, not working, etc.. 

Hmm....

Shh, dont make him not run dual chanel. Please dont advice if you dont know what you are talking about.

i was just talking about 16gb (i was thinking 2x8gb) and i see you rig has 4x4gb :oxD

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

The flex is completely fixed in the new PCB version (check out my thread) and backplate isn't needed if the card don't have flex

Alright. If it does flex I'll just do some ghetto modding and zip tie the card to something to keep it up ahaha

I'm using 16GB of HyperX Fury Red 1866MHz, so that should be plenty...

I myself heard that the 850 was a good SSD in terms of reliability / performance balance, but I have my MX100 512GB SSD I'm using in my laptop right now to put in my rig and save ~$100. 

Oh yea huh ... lol. I only added it b/c I already have it, ahaha. Thanks

The Evo 850 is ok, but I would rather choose MLC instead of TLC ;) 

The MSI one is very quiet (quieter than the ASUS after doing some quick research), but has no backplate as you pointed out, and is clocked a little slower...

However, the ASUS card is clocked higher than a reference 980 at default, but I've seen a lot of forum posts and such where people have had problems w/ it ... coil whine, not working, etc.. 

Hmm....

Go with the MSI the ASUS is the ONLY bad apple GTX 970 (power-delivery and overheating issues)

Here is the new list: i added the fan since you want a red themes build (check my out(picture taken before i went SLI) http://i58.tinypic.com/14t0jzb.jpg )

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($339.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($339.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1784.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-30 18:50 EDT-0400

i was just talking about 16gb (i was thinking 2x8gb) and i see you rig has 4x4gb :oxD

LOL yea I'm going with a dual channel kit 2x8GB 

Sorry, though you were talking about 3x8GB.

No, they sold a version of that memmory with support for quad chanel in 2x8 GB packages, but I only have 2 sticks, so dual chanel.

Go with the MSI the ASUS is the ONLY bad apple GTX 970 (power-delivery and overheating issues)

Here is the new list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1784.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-30 18:50 EDT-0400

A couple questions and things... (lol sorry)

1) I would prefer to go w/ the ASUS Gene mobo if you've seen my PCPP list, I wonder what the advantages / benefits are w/ going with the MSI mobo?

2) Wondering if there's any **huge** difference btwn. going w/ H60 vs 240M...

3) Is there any red PSU around the wattage of my build? ~500-600W (again, going w/ the red theme)

Thanks guys!  :D

oh xD

wouldn't that be 24GB tho? 

wouldn't that be 24GB tho? 

Yes, and it would work perfectly fine.

Just some performance loss, marginally.

1) I would prefer to go w/ the ASUS Gene mobo if you've seen my PCPP list, I wonder what the advantages / benefits are w/ going with the MSI mobo?

3) Is there any red PSU around the wattage of my build? ~500-600W (again, going w/ the red theme)

1) The ROG mobo's are overpriced

2) yes quite i bit performance and a 240mm rad looks much better

3) is that needed? it is behind the PC. I think i have seen one... i can try to search it up

Hmm....

All grapich cards have coil whine under the right kind of load. There is not a single grapich card without it as long as it has coils.

a 240 rad can look this good :) (my pc :D before sli tough)

14t0jzb.jpg

All grapich cards have coil whine under the right kind of load. There is not a single grapich card without it as long as it has coils.

That is right but some types is more prone to have load audible coil whine. I was pretty suprised when my newest msi 970 didn't have any coil whine in the closing screen of heaven benchmark

Does the pump make any noise?

Like humbling or buzzing?

Only used corsair and asetek aios :P

1) The ROG mobo's are overpriced

2) yes quite i bit performance and a 240mm rad looks much better

3) is that needed? it is behind the PC. I think i have seen one... i can try to search it up

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably go with what you recommended and do some more research ... 

14t0jzb.jpg

Are you sure the 240M rad can fit in the Node 804? I would prefer the H100i GTX or something, but ...

Also, did you custom paint those Corsair fans? B/c i would like to replace the default ones that come with the Node 804 with red fans, and those look pretty good...

I would not reccomend changing the case fans. Those in that case is perfectly fine. 

The EVGA psu is more than good enough, no need for a Corsair RM, which is somewhat cheaper build with more glue ,P

Does the pump make any noise?

Like humbling or buzzing?

Only used corsair and asetek aios :P

well it is the loudest thing in my computer when idle (but i have my corsair fan at 400 rpm ans silent wings 2 at 900 rpm) so it is really quiet. i can barely hear it and i hear very good :P  i defiently recommend it, it is the quietest AIO on the market (unsure about the swiftteck ones)

I would not reccomend changing the case fans. Those in that case is perfectly fine. 

The EVGA psu is more than good enough, no need for a Corsair RM, which is somewhat cheaper build with more glue ,P

No pun intended, right? lol

I may change them out if they don't look right, but I'll probably do that after I put the system in the case...

Yea, about that, is there a difference between the EVGA "GS" PSU's vs EVGA "NEX" PSU??