What Receiver

spwath

OK, i was looking again for a receiver, still havent gotten one.

THis one seems good, cheap.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5007945194.html

This one also seems good, and includes a subwoofer (i need a subwoofer, missing it from my 5.1 setup)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/4989046504.html

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

www.kijiji.com

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

www.kijiji.com

?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That would get the job done, but it is a bit dated. What kind of budget do you have for a receiver?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That would get the job done, but it is a bit dated. What kind of budget do you have for a receiver?

ITs better than my current receiver.

I have a Sony STR-D965 now, but no suround inputs.

My budget is kinda around 100$, as i really have no money.

I need any kind of suround input (HDMI prefered), 5.1 chanels, and Phono input

ITs better than my current receiver.

I have a Sony STR-D965 now, but no suround inputs.

My budget is kinda around 100$, as i really have no money.

I need any kind of suround input (HDMI prefered), 5.1 chanels, and Phono input

i have one of these, it works fairly well. You will like the hdmi switching too as it can be quite useful. You should be able to find one for around $100 used on ebay.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-5.1-Channel-A-V-Receiver-with-100W-Black/16489926

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Phono inputs are on the other end of the time scale from HDMI.  You are very unlikely to find one that has both, especially with a limited budget.

I personally prefer Yamaha but unless you have it all figured out already (some other way) HDMI would be at the top of my list of requirements:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5024301219.html($50)

A separate phono preamp is the ideal solution...  just use RCA to plug in your turntable and then go from the preamp out to your receiver (use the CD, VCR or other available audio input):  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2%7c0&ci=15289&setNs=p_PRICE_2%7c0&N=3992462082&srtclk=sort

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Phono inputs are on the other end of the time scale from HDMI.  You are very unlikely to find one that has both, especially with a limited budget.

I personally prefer Yamaha but unless you have it all figured out already (some other way) HDMI would be at the top of my list of requirements:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5024301219.html($50)

A separate phono preamp is the ideal solution...  just use RCA to plug in your turntable and then go from the preamp out to your receiver (use the CD, VCR or other available audio input):  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2%7c0&ci=15289&setNs=p_PRICE_2%7c0&N=3992462082&srtclk=sort

Wow that seems like a really nice one for the price.

If i got a receiver with HDMI, i would need a phono preamp.

If i got a receiver without HDMI, I would need a sound card with optical out.

not sure what to go for, the Yamaha includes a much needed subwoofer, that would be nice, but not sure

Wow that seems like a really nice one for the price.

If i got a receiver with HDMI, i would need a phono preamp.

If i got a receiver without HDMI, I would need a sound card with optical out.

not sure what to go for, the Yamaha includes a much needed subwoofer, that would be nice, but not sure

Subwoofers are an add on.  I looked at that ad you posted and they don't even list a model.  It's probably some cheap piece of garbage.  Get the receiver first, phono preamp next (if vinyl is critical), work on buying a decent subwoofer when you have the budget for one...   

There are several cheap subwoofers for sale on CL in your area ;)

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Subwoofers are an add on. I looked at that ad you posted and they don't even list a model. It's probably some cheap piece of garbage. Get the receiver first, phono preamp next (if vinyl is critical), work on buying a decent subwoofer when you have the budget for one...

There are several cheap subwoofers for sale on CL in your area ;)

I realized I don't need phono pre amp, I can just use my old receiver