240mm Rad enough for CPU and GPU

Go to solution Solved by Dr3nz4r,

as a thumb rule i do prefer, 120mm per cooled component +120mm as buffer for OC.Espacialy when talking bout slim rads.

so in your case, i would tend to go with a 360mm radiator just incase you wish to OC a bit in future.

is a single 240mm slim radiator enough for a non OC 4770k and a non OC 780 ? as i kinda bought all the other parts and ran out of money when i bought a rad or should i return the rad and wait a few weeks and buy a bigger one i have a NZXT phantom so any suggestions on what the best RAD for that case would be would be helpfull ( first time watercooling :D )

Yeah, without knowing how much wattage a system uses you can roughly estimate that you need 120mm for every component which for a CPU and GPU is 240mm

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

You don't need an aftermarket cooler if you're not overclocking.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You don't need an aftermarket cooler if you're not overclocking.

i will be overclocking once i have saved up some more money to buy a bigger rad i was just wondering if i could use a 240mm untill then cus my h100i's pump died and im stuck using the stock cpu cooler 

as a thumb rule i do prefer, 120mm per cooled component +120mm as buffer for OC.Espacialy when talking bout slim rads.

so in your case, i would tend to go with a 360mm radiator just incase you wish to OC a bit in future.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

This rule of thumb is so silly since you aren't even taking into consideration of what sort of fans he will be running.

Im talking bout 0815 preasure optimized fans, which e.g come with a h100 etc. Im not talking bout high end 20$ fans..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

This rule of thumb is so silly since you aren't even taking into consideration of what sort of fans he will be running.

The rule of thumb is silly since all the components have a different TDP. And all the other discrepancies like fans as you mentions and rad thickness, etc.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

There's absolutely no point to water cool your stuff if you don't do it right.

You'd have way better temps on air then trying to cool everything with a 240mm radiator.

The rule of thumb is silly since all the components have a different TDP. And all the other discrepancies like fans as you mentions and rad thickness, etc.

Yep pretty much, can't really judge from such little information and most loops are different.