Is EVGA SuperNova NEX750B a good PSU?

lol1290

So originally I was planning to go with Seasonic M12II-620 (620w), but then I found this EVGA's PSU that is 1$ cheaper, and its 750w, which gives me an option to crossfire r9 290x.

I know its better to have a single 12v rail, then 4 20A rails, but would that be a problem with that EVGA's PSU?

Is it an overall good PSU?

THX!

The Seasonic is a better buy, the NEX is not a great PSU at all, especially compared to the Seasonic

Have you looked for something like the EVGA B2 series, which are often cheap at 750W and 850W?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

From what I've heard, EVGA simply rebrands Seasonic PSUs. Seasonic is an OEM manufacturer and supplies PSUs to EVGA

From what I've heard, EVGA simply rebrands Seasonic PSUs. Seasonic is an OEM manufacturer and supplies PSUs to EVGA

The NEX is a rebranded FSP, not Seasonic, hence why it is considerably worse

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

So originally I was planning to go with Seasonic M12II-620 (620w), but then I found this EVGA's PSU that is 1$ cheaper, and its 750w, which gives me an option to crossfire r9 290x.

Is it an overall good PSU?

No, the NEX750B (only B at the end) is a subpar FSP unit that is a relatively poor performer. The 750B2 is the one you want, that one is a fantastic PSU for the money.

Nope, the only Seasonic EVGA is the GS. The W1/x00B are HEC, the G1/B1 are FSP and the G2/B2 are Super Flower.

"Rawr XD"

No, the NEX750B (only B at the end) is a subpar FSP unit that is a relatively poor performer. The 750B2 is the one you want, that one is a fantastic PSU for the money.

Nope, the only Seasonic EVGA is the GS. The W1/x00B are HEC, the G1/B1 are FSP and the G2/B2 are Super Flower.

The PS is also Seasonic

The Seasonic is a better buy, the NEX is not a great PSU at all, especially compared to the Seasonic

Have you looked for something like the EVGA B2 series, which are often cheap at 750W and 850W?

That PSU (b2 version) is 10$ more expensive.

Like I said before, its 10$ more, so should I rather go with the Seasonic unit?

The PS is also Seasonic

Didn't list the Platinum and Titanium models because it's not really in context with OP's asking but yes PS are also Seasonic, P2 and T2 are also Super Flower

"Rawr XD"

The NEX is a rebranded FSP, not Seasonic, hence why it is considerably worse

Ahh I see, thanks for the heads up :)

That PSU (b2 version) is 10$ more expensive.

Like I said before, its 10$ more, so should I rather go with the Seasonic unit?

It's worth the $10 more to go for the B2.

B2 (Super Flower Golden Green) > M12II

"Rawr XD"

It's worth the $10 more to go for the B2.

B2 (Super Flower Golden Green) > M12II

OK, thx for explanation. ;)

OK, thx for explanation. ;)

No problem. Also along with being a better unit physically, if something does happen to go wrong, EVGA has famously excellent customer service compared to Seasonic, so if you ever need a warranty claim or RMA done within the 5-year warranty period, going with EVGA gives you a benefit there as well.

"Rawr XD"