Best AMD FX cpu for the GTX 970?

Apparently.

Yeah it's too late :3

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

My CPU at the time was a Xeon X5450-which is in the cinebench thread alongside my i5 4440.

OK. Now what?

OK. Now what?

I don't know, I thought this thread was dead so I've forgotten what all the fuss was about-apart from AMD being a bad choice outside of workstations (eg. Moving from an AMD Athlon to an FX 8350 is a noticeable downgrade in overall system performance).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't know, I thought this thread was dead so I've forgotten what all the fuss was about-apart from AMD being a bad choice outside of workstations (eg. Moving from an AMD Athlon to an FX 8350 is a noticeable downgrade in overall system performance).

I was just reading through everything, and I think it was something about monitoring his average GPU usage in various games to compare it to yours. Though I guess it doesn't matter now...

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I was just reading through everything, and I think it was something about monitoring his average GPU usage in various games to compare it to yours. Though I guess it doesn't matter now...

Oh, in that case my X5450 averages around 80% with my 970 (both at stock) and my i5 as per usual has no problems with my GTX 970 and GTX 650 ti running at 100%.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well, if anyone wants me to suggest some games to benchmark, I'll do so tomorrow, providing I own them. 

dudes just forget about it, when the s***storm hit the fan i had already provided to showing benchmark results with an 8350 and a 970, demonstrating the 970 was not bottlenecked by the cpu and in fact ran at a constant 100% (and it was OCed to 1600MHz effective clock as well). and obviously those results were promptly discarded and ignored by the "intel team" on this thread. there is literally no point in continuing the discussion. people will not budge from their position, whichever that may be.

the original question of the user was which fx series was the best to pair with a 970. by now he already knows the two main currents are A) get an 8350 or B ) drop the fx series and get an i5.

the way i see it, since its gotten way out of hand anyway and the question has theoretically been answered, we might as well close down the thread. all thats being added to this thread for a while now is an intel vs amd war, which is pointless, and its not like any forum has ever had a shortage of these battles. its not productive, it clogs up the forum, and serves no useful purpose anymore.

Cheers

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

dudes just forget about it, when the s***storm hit the fan i had already provided to showing benchmark results with an 8350 and a 970, demonstrating the 970 was not bottlenecked by the cpu and in fact ran at a constant 100% (and it was OCed to 1600MHz effective clock as well). and obviously those results were promptly discarded and ignored by the "intel team" on this thread. there is literally no point in continuing the discussion. people will not budge from their position, whichever that may be.

the original question of the user was which fx series was the best to pair with a 970. by now he already knows the two main currents are A) get an 8350 or B ) drop the fx series and get an i5.

the way i see it, since its gotten way out of hand anyway and the question has theoretically been answered, we might as well close down the thread. all thats being added to this thread for a while now is an intel vs amd war, which is pointless, and its not like any forum has ever had a shortage of these battles. its not productive, it clogs up the forum, and serves no useful purpose anymore.

Cheers

They were discarded because you used synthetic benchmarks, not games. Discarded because useless.

I'll agree with you that this thread should have died a week ago.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX