Homeplug and 3 phase

TyH

Does Homeplug work with 3 phase power? Some say yes some say no, I'm confused..

Does Homeplug work with 3 phase power? Some say yes some say no, I'm confused..

No.

3 phase is like having 3 Live wires,  so in short 3 phase would give you,  3 Live wires,  1 Nutral and 1 earth.

Normaly you only give devices 1 phase, if you need multiple then that would be when you have things like Dule power supplies or ATS,s to provide power from multiple phases down a "single" phase cable, this would mean you could loose phase one and phase 2 would continue to power.

Why do you ask if a home plug works with 3 phase?   what are you trying to do ?      normaly households are only ever given 1 phase

I live in a big house(have lots of a/c) with 3 phase power.

I'm trying to connect my router from downstairs to upstairs PC and TV with homeplug , WiFi is giving me lots of problem , packet loss on 2.4GHz , low signal or sudden disconnect on 5Ghz.

I live in a big house(have lots of a/c) with 3 phase power.

I'm trying to connect my router from downstairs to upstairs PC and TV with homeplug , WiFi is giving me lots of problem , packet loss on 2.4GHz , low signal or sudden disconnect on 5Ghz.

ok, so you should just be able to plug it in to a normal socket?  your normlal household would not have 3 phase power being delivered to normal house sockets.

If your trying to attach something to 3 phase then you can choose any one of the 3 phases as the Live termianl then just connect up your Neutral and Ground wires.

the live termianls on 3 phase are Brown,Black and Greay,  Blue neutral and green/rellow as Earth,   If you dont know what your doing or know nothing about wireing or 3 phase and your trying to connect somthing to your 3 phase power then I suggest you dont do it and ask someone that knows how to,  Dont want you to be blown accross the room.  :)

If your wifi is bad and your in a big hose with your wireless bing provided from down staris,  have you considared somthing like multiple wireless access points?

The slow connection or disconnects is probably due to distance and material that the signal is going through (based on that you live in a big house)