You've got to love Comcast.

Mitch3k

So as of yesterday I paid for 50/10 from Comcast, and luckily I got about 60/12. The other day I was browsing their site to see if prices/speeds have changed. Sure enough for only $5 more a month I can get 105/20 speeds. So I call in and bitch for about 30 minutes and I come out alive with 105/20 80 channels and HBO (I had no TV before). They tell me after I hang up to restart the modem and I'd see the speed increase.

So a few minutes pass and I restart the modem, check the speed and I see absolutely no change. I figure that its just some error or I didn't wait long enough while it was powered off. I try again in about 30 minutes so find that nothing has changed. I wait about an hour make dinner and call Comcast. They ask for my modems model and stuff, and ask what speeds I'm getting, I tell them its about 60/12 same as what I was getting. He says "Hmm you can call back if that drops below 50Mbps or 40 or 30, because its anywhere from 50 to 105"

wow

I'll be calling back tomorrow and bitch more. If anyone is a Comcast tech of has experience dealing with this crap please do let me know on how I can achieve the speeds that I'm really paying for, or if I'm SOL.

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green

Be patient. I upgraded  a speed package once and it took a few hours for the changes to take effect. Granted that I'm on AT&T, so I'm not sure.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Be patient. I upgraded  a speed package once and it took a few hours for the changes to take effect. Granted that I'm on AT&T, so I'm not sure.

They said it would be nearly instant but who knows. None the less, 50 to 105, that is a very big range. Imagine if a Ford said you could get anywhere from 20 to 40 MPG on their new car.

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green