is it ok to use it like this ?

Gargantua

hi 

i've just bought a notbook (HP Elitebook 8470p) 3 days ago . since i'm not gaming for longer times now coz of business and all i'm using my book for almost everything else except gaming .its on for 12+ hours a day on DC power mostly and on battery when i'm on mobile.

battery is always inside even if its 100% charged. its like 7 hours on DC and 5+ on battery everyday .

is it ok to use it like this and if not what are the effects on battery or the book it self .

all help will be appreciated 

Thanks .

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

That should be fine. Normally the battery issues come up when it's on DC power ~100% of the time. By using the computer on batter for several hours every day, it should be just fine. The only thing I would recommend would be to make sure you run the battery down to near dead at least once a week and then charge it back up because then you avoid the possibility of the batter developing a memory and losing some of it's life. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

That should be fine. Normally the battery issues come up when it's on DC power ~100% of the time. By using the computer on batter for several hours every day, it should be just fine. The only thing I would recommend would be to make sure you run the battery down to near dead at least once a week and then charge it back up because then you avoid the possibility of the batter developing a memory and losing some of it's life. 

Thanks mate. i'll follow.

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

For the record, almost every laptop I've owned has spent 95% of their time sitting on a desk connected to power. No issues so far. Just gotta unplug it every once in a while.