Can't Delete Google Drive Folders After Uninstall

Go to solution Solved by Nyanino,

Got it! After looking around, Windows apparently doesn't like it when you name files con, so this is what I did:

1. Hit Windows Key + R
  2. Type cmd
  3. Hit Enter
  4. Type rd \\.\"D:\cock\Speech & Debate\Sophcores\Seasoned Curlies\Smash Burglers\Evidence\Con" /S /Q
  5. Hit Enter

I did this another time with my other folder that I had some trouble deleteing, and it worked there as well. So here is the explaination.

• rd is the command line tool to remove the directory.
  • \\. refers to the current computer.
  • "D:\cock\Speech & Debate\Sophcores\Seasoned Curlies\Smash Burglers\Evidence\Con" is the path of the offending folder entry (has to be in quotes if there are spaces in the folder names).
  • /S is a switch that tells rd to remove all subdirectories and files.
  • /Q is a switch that tells rd to remove this silently.

So glad I got this thing fixed. Here is the link to the page that solved this problem for me.

There are files that I want to delete but I can't. Each of those files have subfiles. This is bothering me so much. Whenever I try to delete them in command prompt as an admin, it tells me that those files don't exist or false directory. Very frustrating.

The Files:

D:\cock

>Speech & Debate

>>Sophcores

>>>Seasoned Curlies

>>>>Guns Don't Kill People, Peacekeepers Do

>>>>>Evidence

>>>>>>Con (D:\cock\Speech & Debate\Sophcores\Seasoned Curlies\Guns Don't Kill People, Peacekeepers Do\Evidence\Con)

>>>>Smash Burglers

>>>>>Evidence

>>>>>>Con (D:\cock\Speech & Debate\Sophcores\Seasoned Curlies\Smash Burglers\Evidence\Con)

-Evan

Right click, then click delete

Are you trying to delete something on a google server through command prompt?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Right click, then click delete

Are you trying to delete something on a google server through command prompt?

No. When I right click and delete in windows, nothing happens. Trust me when I say that if it was that simple, I wouldn't have posted this topic.

-Evan

either boot to safe mode and delete or open sub folders and delete backwards till all files have been deleted.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

either boot to safe mode and delete or open sub folders and delete backwards till all files have been deleted.

Both were met with errors. Here are some pictures while in safemode

UxJu4JP.pngQx5lHix.png6VAGlad.png

These are three seperate images. When I went to delete the folders inside of the master, I was met with the bottom two pictures and when I tried to delete the master I was met with the top image.

-Evan

it would seem that the files no longer exist whilst also existing at the same time :S that's a tricky one. It could be that there are hidden files within the folder try showing all hidden files then booting in safe mode and trying again.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

it would seem that the files no longer exist whilst also existing at the same time :S that's a tricky one. It could be that there are hidden files within the folder try showing all hidden files then booting in safe mode and trying again.

Did that. I always have hidden files turned on. Deleted those and I was met with those errors. Let me try again for good measure though.

-Evan

Did that. I always have hidden files turned on. Deleted those and I was met with those errors. Let me try again for good measure though.

sorry usually when that happens it's just the file strings are too long I've never seen an error like this before. The only other thing I could suggest would be to re install the program and deleting all files without using the uninstall tool.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Is there anything left inside of these folders? If there is delete stuff one at a time, than you may be able to find out which files/folders are preventing deletion. It is probably the one folder you're trying to delete causing the problem, delete one at a time and it may work. Also if there is anything that may be trying to access those folders than stop that process.

EDIT:

Take a look at this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified-error/dae5f759-b053-4a4a-87af-42e79f517631

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

sorry usually when that happens it's just the file strings are too long I've never seen an error like this before. The only other thing I could suggest would be to re install the program and deleting all files without using the uninstall tool.

Met with some new stuff

Fcfx9CX.png

-Evan

Is there anything left inside of these folders? If there is delete stuff one at a time, than you may be able to find out which files/folders are preventing deletion. It is probably the one folder you're trying to delete causing the problem, delete one at a time and it may work. Also if there is anything that may be trying to access those folders than stop that process.

Nothing inside and nothing trying to access it to my knowledge. I booted in safe mode trying to delete and I got errors.

-Evan

Nothing inside and nothing trying to access it to my knowledge. I booted in safe mode trying to delete and I got errors.

Hmm, this is a really tough one, only thing I could think of is to pull the drive put it in another system as a secondary access the drive and delete them from there. That is of course if you have another system.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

No errors found

EDIT:

Take a look at this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified-error/dae5f759-b053-4a4a-87af-42e79f517631

mJMiJVK.png

-Evan

Met with some new stuff

Interesting file name :P it seems that the file it's having trouble deleting is a cloud based link and because the program is no longer in existence it can't delete it... :ph34r: . I don't know I'm pulling at straws here try the re install thing and it should work if not I'm all out of ideas. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Interesting file name :P it seems that the file it's having trouble deleting is a cloud based link and because the program is no longer in existence it can't delete it... :ph34r: . I don't know I'm pulling at straws here try the re install thing and it should work if not I'm all out of ideas. 

Thats what I did haha. That with drive reinstalled. I got the errors on the right and the other stuff on the left. BTW, I like to have fun in speech and debate lol.

-Evan

Thats what I did haha. That with drive reinstalled. I got the errors on the right and the other stuff on the left. BTW, I like to have fun in speech and debate lol.

Ohh... yeah I saw that somewhere was it not one of Linus's vids?

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Ohh... yeah I saw that somewhere was it not one of Linus's vids?

What now?

-Evan

What now?

You got any lighter fluid/ Big magnets?

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

You got any lighter fluid/ Big magnets?

No. I do have some HDD magnets though.

-Evan

EDIT:

Looking for errors in safe mode: pIDkwXO.png

-Evan

No. I do have some HDD magnets though.

Is it your primary drive? 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Hmm, this is a really tough one, only thing I could think of is to pull the drive put it in another system as a secondary access the drive and delete them from there. That is of course if you have another system.

Didn't work. Met with the exact same errors.

-Evan

Is it your primary drive? 

No. It does have all of meh gamez though.

-Evan

Looking for errors in safe mode: pIDkwXO.png

Follow the guide I sent you on how to fix the errors, than see if it will let you delete them after that.

Follow the guide I sent you on how to fix the errors, than see if it will let you delete them after that.

I can't. Can't repair the drive. Doesn't give me an option too. That guide is for Windows 7 too.

-Evan