Do I need a capture card for xsplit.

YT2002

I have xsplit and want to record minecraft gameplay. Do i need a capture card to use xsplit

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

No, not unless you want to capture from something external from your computer.

So for minecraft you won't need one.

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I have xsplit and want to record minecraft gameplay. Do i need a capture card to use xsplit

You should just use OBS anyway x split sorta sucks and no you don't.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Ive tried obs it lags for me for some reason

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Why do you think Xsplit sucks? I'm genuinely curious.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, here is Linuseses referral xsplit.com/linus

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Why do you think Xsplit sucks? I'm genuinely curious.

You have to pay for features, not as much customization, not open source.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I do agree that features not being free is a bit of a nuisance but I'm not entirely sure it lacks any options at all compared to any alternatives, free or otherwise. Also being open source or not is a bit of a personal preference as it doesn't really impact anything regarding the scope of this type of software, unless we're dwelving on deeper and lenghtier matters.

Ive tried obs it lags for me for some reason

What do you mean OBS lags?  I'm assuming you mean that your CPU is maxxing out at 100%?  If so then there there are settings that you can change to fix that.  OBS is more light-weight and more customizable than xsplit, at least since I've last used it, plus it's free so everything is unlocked from the start.

I do agree that features not being free is a bit of a nuisance but I'm not entirely sure it lacks any options at all compared to any alternatives, free or otherwise. Also being open source or not is a bit of a personal preference as it doesn't really impact anything regarding the scope of this type of software, unless we're dwelving on deeper and lenghtier matters.

Its laright for me i have an asus 960 GPU so that comes with one year free. Ive done a recording and it looks great.