Really confused about 8350 VS 4690K

So every tech website like tom's hardware, hardware canucks, etc, the 4690K beats the crap out of the 8350 looking at benchmarks.. Now if i watch a youtube video on the 8350 vs the i5, playing games at real time (like Crysis, GTA), they almost have the exact same FPS. (except dota 2, LoL, etc.). So i'm really confused. I know the i5 has better performance per core, but the 8350 seems to perform similar.

You gotta watch out because Graphics cards have a maximum FPS they can give in a game, and as long as the CPU can handle what the GPU is putting out, they could look like equal FPS, but they aren't.

Example would be something like....

gtx 650 at 100% load only needs like 20% CPU load on AMD and you are getting 35fps in a game.

gtx 650 at 100% load only needs like 15% CPU load on Intel and you are getting 35fps in game.

The GPU is what is giving you the FPS, but both CPUs can handle such a low card giving you = results in FPS

Only way to eliminate the GPU being the problem is getting enough GPU power to overpower the CPUs.

So like 2x SLI 980s would look like this...

gtx 980s sli at 60% load with AMD CPU at 50% load is giving you 70fps.

gtx 980s sli at 80% load with Intel CPU at 100% load is giving you 144fps.

The AMD chip can only use 4 of its cores in games, as games only use up to 4 cores for gaming. meaning your cpu load maxes around 50% beacuse no more of the CPU can process what the GPU is doing causing the CPU to bottleneck the GPU.

The Intel chip only has 4 cores, but they are stronger cores. And as there are only 4 of them, they can all be used in gaming causing the CPU load to reach 100% processing everything it can that the GPU gives it (aka more information than the AMD CPU) also resulting in more FPS because now the gpu can be more under load because the CPU is able to handle more.

Notes:

There is probably a bit more to this than I said, I'm sure someone will correct something I have said wrong, but it might give you a better understanding... maybe.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

No reason, I would actually go with intel, but the youtube videos show the CPU's playing games in real time, and the 8350 performs really similar.

Well. the 8350 is not really less expensive than the 4690k in terms of overall system cost because you need a much more expensive motherboard to be able to push it like that in comparison to a 4690k that wold be happy running at 4,6 gHz with motherboard costing a little bit more than 100$

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

In windows 10 using FX8350 I am getting better performance than my friends I7 3770K in windows 8.1

So every tech website like tom's hardware, hardware canucks, etc, the 4690K beats the crap out of the 8350 looking at benchmarks.. Now if i watch a youtube video on the 8350 vs the i5, playing games at real time (like Crysis, GTA), they almost have the exact same FPS. (except dota 2, LoL, etc.). So i'm really confused. I know the i5 has better performance per core, but the 8350 seems to perform similar.

Why would anyone even compare those?...

This ancient 8 core CPU vs this year old haswell gaming CPU that costs $100 more... The perfect comparison of AMD vs Intel muhahahahaha!

FX-8350 = Not gaming CPU, old, ~$140

i5-4690k = Gaming CPU, new, ~$240

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

In well optimised games i5 has small advantage over 8350, yet in old and bad optimised ones i5 can pull ahead with almost 50 % fps, it gets down to what games you are playing and if youre also doing streaming, editing, rendering, for that 8350 is better.

An overclocked 4690K will have ~75% more single-core performance than an 8350 at 4GHz.  And at dramatically less power consumption.  See here:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Many games still rely on single-core performance, especially large multiplayer games.

Fun fact:  my 6-year-old Phenom II matches the 8350 single threaded performance at 4GHz.  Either will bottleneck a higher end card.  So as a previous AMD supporter and a guy hoping for the best for AMD Zen, I'd definitely go with Intel in the meantime.  There's really no competition.

Xeon E3-1241 @3.9GHz, 1.07V | Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1 | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 | MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB @1350MHz/2150MHz, 1.09V/.975V | Crucial MX100 256GB | WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM | EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold | CM Hyper 212+ w/ Noctua F12 | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Windows 10 Retail

8350 will not bottleneck if clocked to 4.7. Not sure about it in the future. Dx12 might solve the future problem. But getting 4690k is a better option. 4460 if you need it cheaper.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

There's no way a 8350 will beat a 4690k. the 4690k has much faster more powerful cores while the 8350 may have more, but they are slower.