2 VTX3D R9 280 X-Edition questions

Hey there.

I bought a R9 280 X-Edition (not R9 280x) from VTX3D last summer and now two questions have arised.

1. Using HWInfo x64 or MSIAfterburner I can see that the card only goes up to 855Mhz core clock even though it is rated at 960Mhz, changing core clock or power limit in Afterburner does nothing. (Pic of Afterburner screen is attached.) What can I do to get the full power? Using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and a Corsair CX750M 750W PSU.

2. The card has a dual fan cooler on wich does a good job of keeping the gpu cool but it blows the air into the case instead of out of the back. Can I do something about that? When playing something demanding my case gets kind of warm and my HDDs reach temps of above 40°C. I want to seal the long side with duct tape so that it can only go out the back. Is that a terrible idea?

post-198264-0-10214200-1431875621.png

1st PC: GA-870A-UD3 - Phenom II x4 965BE - Radeon R9 280 X-Edition - 8GB Kingston HyperX - 5TB Hard Drives - 256GB SSD.

2nd PC: 

To one:I have little to no idea from AMD cards sorry. Just make sure, you aren't using any energy-saving in Windows or the CCC.

To two: Make sure, that you have a good airflow in the case. The cooler is designed to exhaused in to the case. Modifying the card itself will cause higher GPU temps.

If you would seal the sides of the cooler, the cooler won't work properly anymore.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

1: The card will underclock itself when not under load, or is it also running below spec when under load?

2: Not much you can do about it really, but as long as you have good airflow it should be no problem.

My case isn't really designed for airflow, its a work-computer case, not for gaming hardware. I'm getting a new one soon, so don't worry.

to Vavetti: The card doesn't go higher than 855Mhz even when under full load.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to control HDD temps until I get my new case? doesn't matter if I have to buy anything small for that, a hdd-fan won't do though.

1st PC: GA-870A-UD3 - Phenom II x4 965BE - Radeon R9 280 X-Edition - 8GB Kingston HyperX - 5TB Hard Drives - 256GB SSD.

2nd PC: