Is it safe to transport watercooled PC?

Hey. I'm going to my dads and bringing my PC with. Is it safe to transport in the car...

- a custom loop PC

- an AIO CPU cooled PC

Thanks.

-Specs on my profile-

Drain the custom loop. Then it should be more then safe.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

The AIO is safe, the custom is safe if you've made zero mistakes, and every fitting is 100% tight.

But i would personally drain a custom loop if i needed to travel long distances.

When in doubt: C4

AIO=easy, no preparations

custom:

vinyl tubing: pretty ok, the GPU (if blocked) could be a concern as it has a lot of copper

and the pci slot is minimal support

PTEG/Acrylic: no, most use a slip fit seal and cannot withstand a lot of jostling.

When I moved to a new city a few months ago, I just laid my whole computer sideways so the graphics cards would be facing up(motherboard and graphics card made an upside-down T shape, if that helps to visualize), didn't drain the loop, or tighten anything more than it already was. Got to my new home and everything was fine.

If you are worried, just tighten everything a little more and drive slow.

+1 on breaking down petg/acrylic loop.  Especially acrylic - prone to cracking with very little stress.

AIO=easy, no preparations

custom:

vinyl tubing: pretty ok, the GPU (if blocked) could be a concern as it has a lot of copper

and the pci slot is minimal support

PTEG/Acrylic: no, most use a slip fit seal and cannot withstand a lot of jostling.

+1

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

+1 on breaking down petg/acrylic loop.  Especially acrylic - prone to cracking with very little stress.

I think thats a myth. Saw a video of a guy bending an acrylic tube from 90 to 180 without cracks or breaks.