VB project for beginner

iiv

Morning. Need help!! I taking foundation in IT and I need to create a program for my project that can be done in few week. Can someone suggest a program that can score high mark.

Thanks

A brick breaker game if you are on OOP. If you're on console, try and encoding/decoding program.

An encoding/decoding program would be quite simple to make and would score your high mark.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

A brick breaker game if you are on OOP. If you're on console, try and encoding/decoding program.

You mean GUI development, not OOP, right?

Assuming this is a very introductory course, and that you've been working with GUI development the whole time through, maybe write something that simulates/represents the various states of a house and that, possibly, provides a visual representation of this.

Dividing a house into divisions, with each division possibly containing other divisions and hardware (like doors, light switches, air conditioner, temperature readers, etc), and each type of hardware having different behaviors and states. Each piece of hardware can also be interacted with through some way (like turning a light switch on or off).

Not sure if this small description is clear. It sounds boring, but at an introductory level it's hard to recommend fun projects.

Want to solve problems? Check this out.

You mean GUI development, not OOP, right?

Assuming this is a very introductory course, and that you've been working with GUI development the whole time through, maybe write something that simulates/represents the various states of a house and that, possibly, provides a visual representation of this.

Dividing a house into divisions, with each division possibly containing other divisions and hardware (like doors, light switches, air conditioner, temperature readers, etc), and each type of hardware having different behaviors and states. Each piece of hardware can also be interacted with through some way (like turning a light switch on or off).

Not sure if this small description is clear. It sounds boring, but at an introductory level it's hard to recommend fun projects.

No, Object Oriented Programming.

No, Object Oriented Programming.

Why wouldn't you be able to use objects in a console environment?

I'm assuming you're making the same assumption that a lot of students erroneously make. They think that OOP is the "graphical" part of VB development. That's not it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm assuming you're making the same assumption that a lot of students erroneously make. They think that OOP is the "graphical" part of VB development. That's not it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

VB isn't just a console environment.

VB isn't just a console environment.

I don't understand what you're saying. Who said that it is just a console environment?

I'm talking about a console environment, because you mentioned a console environment in your original post. You implied that VB "on console" isn't OOP.

You can use OOP wherever and in whatever environment you write VB code, that's all I'm saying.

I don't understand what you're saying. Who said that it is just a console environment?

I'm talking about a console environment, because you mentioned a console environment in your original post. You implied that VB "on console" isn't OOP.

You can use OOP wherever and in whatever environment you write VB code, that's all I'm saying.

Right here...

He did not specify what environment he was using, so I gave him options.

Right here...

I still don't see how I said that it is just a console environment... In any case, I was talking about CLI development on VB (as I assume you were, in your original post), I think that was pretty clear.

And it doesn't matter what environment he's using. OOP is available anywhere, and is a core component of the language itself. That's all I'm trying to say...

How about a network chat application, not too complex to code but it's complex enough that plenty of techniques can be used.

Current Rig (Ongoing Build)

Spec:- 4770K | GTX 780 | 32Gb 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro | CaseLabs TH10 | 2 x 840 Pro RAID 0 | 3 x 3Tb WD Red RAID 5 | Maximus VI Formula | LSI MegaRAID 9271

Cooling (Ongoing Build) :- EK CSQ Clean | EK FC Titan | 3 x BlackIce SR-1 480mm | NB eLoop Fans | Aquaero 5 XT | Dual D5 | Aqualis XT Res