Problem With My Soundcard

Rekx

just bought a used sound card, the sound when I play music sounds fantastic but when I go in and to hear how my mic sounds, I have to put the microphone boost on that just makes me sound so very high! So you can hear everything in the background, but if I take the microphone boost of skype can not even see that there is activity through my mic.

So my question whether there are some who have had the same problem and knows a fix, i also had the same problem when I use my motherboard but nothing like my new sound card..

And yes i Have the latest driver etc and i have turned fully up through the windows sound control.

The sound card is an Asus xonar DX

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I have a xonar DS. I have been having the same problem randomly. Are you plugging the mic into the soundcard directly or through the front panel?

soundcard directly, becuse i have a roccat kave 5.1

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I think finding a more sensitive Mic Is the only option.
not sure if sarcasm. a more sensitive mic would capture the sounds around him.

mic boost just makes your mic louder. if you can hear the sounds around you with the boost enabled, its most likely gonna be captured even with boost off.

I might have posted in the wrong thread. sorry

the mobile site doesn't open up the tabs correctly.

I'd probably try something like a lapel mic.

it will put your body between other sounds helping to block some unwanted sounds.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac