I7 4790k w/ r9 290.... Or i5 4690k w/ gtx 970

I am deciding whethe I should get a 4790k with the 290 or the 4690k with gtx 970. I will be playing mostly gta and arma 3 and spending the other half of my time on photoshop, after effects, premier etc.

4790k with the 290

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

If you spend a lot of time with the editing software, I would go for the 4790K and 290/X if you can. 

Or you could wait for the R9 300 series to see what it brings. 

A combination of 4790k with a 970 is too much? that would be the best combo

Take the i5 combo, imo the i7 is not worth the extra money (if you only game)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

If you spend a lot of time with the editing software, I would go for the 4790K and 290/X if you can. 

Or you could wait for the R9 300 series to see what it brings.

Can the r9 290x max out GTA?

Take the i5 combo, imo the i7 is not worth the extra money (if you only game)

Did you even read the whole thing? It's only one line. 

"spending the other half of my time on photoshop, after effects, premier etc"

Can the r9 290x max out GTA?

Yes, but it may occasionally drop below 60FPS at ultra 1080p. The 970 is overall the better card, but the 4790K will help out with other programs a fair bit. 

Did you even read the whole thing? It's only one line. 

"spending the other half of my time on photoshop, after effects, premier etc"

Yes, but it may occasionally drop below 60FPS at ultra 1080p. The 970 is overall the better card, but the 4790K will help out with other programs a fair bit.

Would this r9 290x perform the same as the others?... http://www.microcenter.com/product/447873/Radeon_R9_290X_(Refurbished)_4GB_GDDR5_Graphics_Card

Would this r9 290x perform the same as the others?... http://www.microcenter.com/product/447873/Radeon_R9_290X_(Refurbished)_4GB_GDDR5_Graphics_Card

I would not recommend a reference-cooled 290 or 290X. They tend to run in the 90°C+ range under a heavy gaming load and either get unacceptably loud or throttle heavily. More than any other card, they really need third-party coolers.

That's a terrible deal even if it was brand new with the full two year warranty, as the reference cooler is complete crap on the 290 and 290x. The GPU goes straight to 94C and the card is constantly throttling under that woefully inadequate cooler. By contrast, this R9 290x is much better and comes with GTA V:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202079&cm_re=sapphire_tri_x_r9_290x-_-14-202-079-_-Product

The cooler keeps temps in the 70s even though the GPU is putting out the same amount of heat.

Newegg also has a similar hot deal on the Sapphire Tri-X R9 290.