Linux Mint Issues

Hi, Ive been trying to install mint onto my laptop however i have encountered some issues i need clearing!

I have it booting from USB stick and then installing using the install mint on the desktop however when i then reboot without usb it doesnt work!

Secondly my wifi doesnt work? cant understand why :(

Help for a linux nubling?

when i then reboot without usb it doesnt work

Are you saying that it does boot into your install WITH the usb? if so you've probably installed the bootloader onto the usb, I've done that myself once ;). If not, can you describe "doesn't work"? does the bootloader work? at what poiint does the boot fail?

Secondly my wifi doesnt work?

What make/model is your Wfi card?

could you post the ouptut of:

lspci | grep -i net

as well as:

iwconfig

and

ip link

Have you installed GRUB correctly? maybe that's the reason why it isnt loading the OS after rebooting.

As AZEOTROPE said, try "lspci | grep net", that command will show you the model of your wifi card, so we can help you to configure it correctly.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i