Case Suggestions?

GigaSnow

I built my PC in February, and to cut on costs, I stuffed it in a case that had been given to me previously. The case gets the job done, but the cable management is not the best, and it has some odd quirks to it. Not to mention, the storage accomodations are really bad.

I spent quite a bit of time looking on Newegg and Microcenter, and while I've found some nice options, everything was off in some way or another that made it a dealbreaker (mainly the lack of a 5.25 bay, or price). I was considering a Spec-02, but when I looked at my budget, I realized that I could spend a bit more than that and wanted to shop around first.

Here's what I need:

-mATX compatibility

-Decent cable management

-Min. (1) 5.25 bay, for my BR drive

-Side panel window preferred

Color: It doesn't matter too much, but something in white would be better than something in black.

Size: Something smaller, but allows me to grow a bit when I get the funds to add new parts

Budget: The Max is $110, but ideally, I'd like something in the $75 range if possible.

Thanks for the help.

Corsair Air 540?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Here is my list of cases (that I was concirering for my build), but not all of them are what you need.

Corsair Carbide 300R
NZXT s340
Antec 302
Cooler Master CM 690 III
NZXT Source 530
Corsair Carbide 200R Window
BitFenix Neos White

I suggest you Cooler Master CM 690 III It has insane looks, and I think that it has all the things you mentiont before.

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: MSI x99A SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800mHz (4x4gb) GPU: MSI GeForce  GTX 980Ti Case: NZXT S340 Storage: 840 Evo 120gb and WD Blue 1TB  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3

GTX 980 Ti (reference card) High Idle temps solution -

What do you like better, looks or silent? Personally this is the one im going for

http://www.microcenter.com/product/443756/Carbide_Series_100R_ATX_Mid-Tower_Computer_Case

best of luck :)

- ethan

As is, my components aren't terribly loud, but I'm sure as I upgrade coolers and fans, that will probably change.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll definately check out all these cases.

Corsiar Air 240

Phone 162

Use a USB Disk drive to save space.

Handing out TechRx's

Corsiar Air 240

Use a USB Disk drive to save space.

I really like the looks of that, it would be perfect for my space constraints.

The only thing would be, if I could somehow rig up my internal drive to be external for not a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking for aesthetics, go for the XION xon-985-bk

I really like the looks of that, it would be perfect for my space constraints.

The only thing would be, if I could somehow rig up my internal drive to be external for not a lot of money.

You could use something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HJZJI84/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1432366333&sr=8-2π=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=usb+to+sata+3+5.25&dpPl=1&dpID=41Yl31qyvRL&ref=plSrch

It will look super ghetto though