Looking for a case!

machetemike

Alright guys I'm about to pull the trigger on my build and I was eyeing the 900D for when I want to go with a full custom water build but the price on it is just a bit high. If I can cut the price on it, I can add more to the build now so that's what I'm trying to do here.

Here's what I'm looking for in a case

• Ability to support top mounted Swiftech H240X (Two 140mm fans Space for 4 would be ideal)
  • Minimum 2 140mm front fans (4 would be ideal)
  • Side 140mm fan space would be ideal.
  • 140mm rear fan
  • Clean design
  • Clearance for 2 R9 290x
  • Will be using Rampage V Extreme Mobo and adding 4 Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000RPM 140mm Fans. Plan is to replace existing fans on the h240x with two of these, for exhaust and use the remaining two for intake in the front and then the two that were on the h240x placed on the bottom or sides for intake.

Thanks for the help!

Corsair air 540? :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Alright guys I'm about to pull the trigger on my build and I was eyeing the 900D for when I want to go with a full custom water build but the price on it is just a bit high. If I can cut the price on it, I can add more to the build now so that's what I'm trying to do here.

Here's what I'm looking for in a case

• Ability to support top mounted Swiftech H240X (Two 140mm fans)
  • Minimum 2 140mm front fans (4 would be ideal)
  • Side 140mm fan space would be ideal.
  • 140mm rear fan
  • Clean design
  • Clearance for 2 R9 290x
  • Will be using Rampage V Extreme Mobo and adding 4 Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000RPM 140mm Fans. Plan is to replace existing fans on the h240x with two of these, for exhaust and use the remaining two for intake in the front and then the two that were on the h240x placed on the bottom or sides for intake.

Thanks for the help!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro gets my vote. even though it doesn't have a side fan space.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Corsair air 540? :P

Wow that's.. kind of gorgeous. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Phanteks Enthoo Pro gets my vote. even though it doesn't have a side fan space.

I was looking at this - thank you for the suggestion!

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe maybe? http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe.html

Its $150 on newegg. Supports rear 140mm, Can hold 14in graphics cards. The only thing it doesnt have on your list is the side fan

Nice! As of now it's between this and the Corsair Air 540. That is until someone else suggests something. *sigh* sometimes too many options are a bad thing haha

Edit: According to PCPartPicker it states the Luxe and my h240x cooler are not compatible. Can anyone verify this? Thanks!

NZXT Phantom 530

Corsair 500R
Thermaltake Core X9
Fractal Design Arc XL
Fractal Design Define XL R2
Rosewill RISE

Nice! As of now it's between this and the Corsair Air 540. That is until someone else suggests something. *sigh* sometimes too many options are a bad thing haha

Edit: According to PCPartPicker it states the Luxe and my h240x cooler are not compatible. Can anyone verify this? Thanks!

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6574/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-chassis-review/index.html

According to Tweaktown there can be 3 140mm fans on the top and 2 140mm fans on the front. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6574/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-chassis-review/index.htmlThey say it on the 7th or 8th paragraph

According to Tweaktown there can be 3 140mm fans on the top and 2 140mm fans on the front. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6574/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-chassis-review/index.htmlThey say it on the 7th or 8th paragraph

Yeah I saw that and assumed it would support it - and it lists the Enthoo Pro as compatible - but the Luxe throws a compatibility error so I figured it'd be best to verify. Probably just a mis-label on their part.

EDIT: It is a mislabel on PC Part Pickers end. For those interested - it does indeed fit in the Luxe as evident by this gallery http://imgur.com/a/1KAd7