Need some help with new computer

Hey Jonilo5 and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

The parts are compatible with each other. I would get a more powerful PSU since that CPU can be well overclocked (you'd need a custom CPU Cooler for that). The whole plan might be a bit weak for what you are aiming for, but this is still a good build for this budget. I would check out the alternatives that the guys provided. :)

Captain_WD.

Thank you! :)

For $600 gets this build it's a 1000 times better:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s9NDyc

Get Intel it's much better.

Is AMD Fx 3600 that bad choise? Is i3 better? :)

My computer-teacher recommends an amd fx instead i3, that is why I am asking (and this is why I first choose FX).

I should also look at the price on that list, and if I can find them in sweden. By the way, would you consider Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case a better case than Fractal design core 1100? I liked the design on 1100 but if 200R is better I can adjust to it.

Thank you! :)

Is AMD Fx 3600 that bad choise? Is i3 better? :)

My computer-teacher recommends an amd fx instead i3, that is why I am asking (and this is why I first choose FX).

I should also look at the price on that list, and if I can find them in sweden. By the way, would you consider Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case a better case than Fractal design core 1100? I liked the design on 1100 but if 200R is better I can adjust to it.

All though the FX 6300 has 6 cores the I3 gives much better performance in nearly all games due to it's higher IPC (instructions per core) and games benefit from more powerful cores.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

All though the FX 6300 has 6 cores the I3 gives much better performance in nearly all games due to it's higher IPC (instructions per core) and games benefit from more powerful cores.

Oh okay, but I am not seeking to get the ultimate performance (unless if I will buy Witcher 3, which I am skeptical to buy).

By the way, I was looking at the price here in Sweden, part by part. And the odd thing was that the total amount was at least $ 814.

IPC is instructions per Clock when overclocked a fx processor can outperform a Intel per core.

IPC is instructions per Clock when overclocked a fx processor can outperform a Intel per core.

Can I have some proof about that?

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Can I have some proof about that?

When you put a 9590 that is really a bined 8350 that does 5ghz. And put it beside Intel CPU's that are stock clocked at 3.5ghz they square up nicely and I'm not saying that they beat a K series running at 4.5ghz just that they perform better or as good as lower end locked Intel processors.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-9590+Eight-Core

When you put a 9590 that is really a bined 8350 that does 5ghz. And put it beside Intel CPU's that are stock clocked at 3.5ghz they square up nicely and I'm not saying that they beat a K series running at 4.5ghz just that they perform better or as good as lower end locked Intel processors.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-9590+Eight-Core

I wouldn't trust that website. Performs aswell as low end intel cpu's yet it's the cost of I7's.

I wouldn't trust that website. Performs aswell as low end intel cpu's yet it's the cost of I7's.

Just because it doesn't go with your point of view doesn't mean it's not trustworthy. Also it performs okay in single threaded applications but when multithreaded the thing is a beast.

Just because it doesn't go with your point of view doesn't mean it's not trustworthy. Also it performs okay in single threaded applications but when multithreaded the thing is a beast.

No there is quite a lot of evidence that website is not good for supplying benchmarks.

No there is quite a lot of evidence that website is not good for supplying benchmarks.

Give me some examples :)

For $600 gets this build it's a 1000 times better:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s9NDyc

Get Intel it's much better.

The thing is that this build costs about $831 here in Sweden, while my planed build cost $618.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will stick with FX-6300.

But I have a question about over-clocking.
If I now decide to use the stock fan that comes with the CPU, and decide... lets say in about 8 mouth after I built the computer that I want to over-clock, is it then a good idea to do it later? Or is it better to do it before I have used it in a longer period?

(Sorry about the silly questions, but I am quite new to building computers and I am not really sure how to over-clock either lol).

Don't touch the Corsair CX. They are overpriced and underperforming. Look at Antec Basiq, XFX TS and so on

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

• 2 weeks later...

Look at Antec Basiq, XFX TS and so on

Thanks for the tips! :)

But one question, how can a PSU be underperforming? :)

Don't touch the Corsair CX. They are overpriced and underperforming. Look at Antec Basiq, XFX TS and so on

So would you recommend Fractal Design Integra M 550 W?

It's simple after a bit you have to deal with this.

I don't really understand...

But anyway, I tested this PSU cooler master watt calculator, and it told me the minimum watt was 322 W / 352 W (with optical drive, that I am considering getting)

• So is 550 W the right amount?
  • Does an ATX PSU fit in a mATX case?

I don't really understand...

But anyway, I tested this PSU cooler master watt calculator, and it told me the minimum watt was 322 W / 352 W (with optical drive, that I am considering getting)

• So is 550 W the right amount?
  • Does an ATX PSU fit in a mATX case?

The picture is a reference to a reference.

https://youtu.be/r0yXqU-w9U0

550 watts will be good and allow for you to upgrade in the future, and yes a ATX PSU will fit into a mATX case.

The picture is a reference to a reference.

https://youtu.be/r0yXqU-w9U0

550 watts will be good and allow for you to upgrade in the future, and yes a ATX PSU will fit into a mATX case.

Oh thank you for your answer :)

But I can't decide between:

• Fractal Design Power Supply (PSU) Integra M 550W

and

• EVGA 550GS

550GS is a far superior unit

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

The GS will have a lower chance of failing go with it.

Oh damn! I just searched up GS and it costs 1000 Swedish kronor (about 121.75 USD). The Fractal Design Integra M 550W cost 700 Swedish kronor (about 85.22 USD) and XFX 550W costs around 650 Swedish kronor (about 79 USD).

You said previously to go with XFX (and so on), which perhaps is the best choice? (it's a little cheaper and sounds okey-ish?)

Oh damn! I just searched up GS and it costs 1000 Swedish kronor (about 121.75 USD). The Fractal Design Integra M 550W cost 700 Swedish kronor (about 85.22 USD) and XFX 550W costs around 650 Swedish kronor (about 79 USD).

You said previously to go with XFX (and so on), which perhaps is the best choice? (it's a little cheaper and sounds okey-ish?)

Okay, but if it fails and takes your other components with it, don't come crying to us.