Good Build?

I am planning on building my first PC and would like to know if this build would be good. This PC will be used for gaming, video editing, gameplay capturing, and streaming. If you think that you would like to recommend another build, please keep it within the same price range. :D

My Build;

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($97.46 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($21.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.50 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 960 2GB XLR8 Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.88)

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $633.79

You should maybe try to get a small SSD for better performance, otherwise it looks really good

Would the sad actually boost performance other increasing boot speeds? I plan to get a 512GB SSD later on.

I am planning on building my first PC and would like to know if this build would be good. This PC will be used for gaming, video editing, gameplay capturing, and streaming. If you think that you would like to recommend another build, please keep it within the same price range. :D

My Build;

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($97.46 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($21.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.50 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 960 2GB XLR8 Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.88)

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $633.79

I personally would get a better CPU (maybe a  8350) but other than that

:D

awesome

(If you want to get a nicer GPU go with the EVGA SSC 2gb 960 :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Would the sad actually boost performance other increasing boot speeds? I plan to get a 512GB SSD later on.

Only loading times and boot speeds (obviously if installed on ssd itself :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Well I recommend you buying a 120 or 250 gb SSD. You should only install Windows on them and your favorite programs/games. Use the normal HHD for normal files. SSD makes every loading time go really op and can really help you ;)

I'd recommend an i5 if you can afford one. If not the i3 will match or outperform the FX-6300 in games. In games like Battlefield 4 (well-threaded) they perform basically identically, and in most games (including games like GTA 5, Far Cry series, etc.) the i3 will outperform.

As for streaming, with OBS you can utilize Intel HD Graphics to encode the video to take the load off of the CPU, or you can just use Shadowplay (worse video quality but very tiny performance hit).

The FX series of CPUs is just not very good for gaming unless you value high graphics settings over high framerate. The FX-6300 is going to limit framerate more than an i3 since it will bottleneck faster, but if you're more interested in pushing the GPU to its knees and play at 30-60 fps with the highest settings possible (versus above 60 fps at all times), then the FX-6300 will do fine and will be faster for editing, rendering and exporting video.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Well I recommend you buying a 120 or 250 gb SSD. You should only install Windows on them and your favorite programs/games. Use the normal HHD for normal files. SSD makes every loading time go really op and can really help you ;)

SSD also improves performance in very large open world games like GTA 5... these games load from HDD more frequently and when they do you'll often notice the game freeze for half a second or so. Moving games like Skyrim or GTA 5 onto an SSD makes these stutters very, very brief so you'll barely notice them. Or if you have more RAM the game will just load a lot more into RAM and eliminate this entirely, so getting 16GB would solve this too.

An SSD is indeed very nice, but I don't find the loading time increase particularly valuable. To me it's not a big deal that a game loads 20 seconds faster or that my system boots in 6 seconds since I only boot once a day and load maybe 2-3 games a day. Mostly I like the SSD since it will have a much more reliable lifespan. The SSD only saves me a minute per day. Not a big deal since I use loading times to talk on forums and stuff anyways.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

SSD also improves performance in very large open world games like GTA 5... these games load from HDD more frequently and when they do you'll often notice the game freeze for half a second or so. Moving games like Skyrim or GTA 5 onto an SSD makes these stutters very, very brief so you'll barely notice them. Or if you have more RAM the game will just load a lot more into RAM and eliminate this entirely, so getting 16GB would solve this too.

An SSD is indeed very nice, but I don't find the loading time increase particularly valuable. To me it's not a big deal that a game loads 20 seconds faster or that my system boots in 6 seconds since I only boot once a day and load maybe 2-3 games a day. Mostly I like the SSD since it will have a much more reliable lifespan. The SSD only saves me a minute per day. Not a big deal since I use loading times to talk on forums and stuff anyways.

I find that everyday PC usage, where you often keep opening and closing different pieces of software feels way more responsive with an SSD. A lot of people have gotten so used to having an SSD for their system drive now, that they start forgetting what a big chance it was when they first got it. I would argue, that for improving everyday Windows (or OSX, Linux whatever desktop OS you use) responsiveness, an SSD is by far the most effective upgrade you can get. Even the fastest mechanical drives in the world will be like a horsedrawn cart next to a sports car in comparison to an SSD.

I find that everyday PC usage, where you often keep opening and closing different pieces of software feels way more responsive with an SSD. A lot of people have gotten so used to having an SSD for their system drive now, that they start forgetting what a big chance it was when they first got it. I would argue, that for improving everyday Windows (or OSX, Linux whatever desktop OS you use) responsiveness, an SSD is by far the most effective upgrade you can get. Even the fastest mechanical drives in the world will be like a horsedrawn cart next to a sports car in comparison to an SSD.

Depends on your priorities. For me it's really not a big deal. It's nice, but if I were rebuilding a new system for myself today, I think I'd just get the cheapest SSD that has good reliability (Crucial or Samsung probably) even if it's only 32-64GB, basically just for Windows, Chrome, drivers etc. I don't feel the investment in the 128GB SSD was worth it for me... the read/writes are good, the latency is good... but it just doesn't make a big impact on my computing experience. Like I said, the only real reason I got the SSD was for better reliability. I don't have to worry nearly as much about the drive randomly dying as with a platter drive, so I want my OS and registry on it.

Having a fast drive for a scratchdisk can be useful for editing videos and other types of content creation. 

What kind of videos are you editing?

Are you limited to only newegg or amazon?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ye, its a good build.

AMD cpu + Nvidia gpu brings the most fun you can have with a computer.

But i really suggest and SSD.

~250gig SSD costs almost as much as that 2TB hdd.

If money is tight, you should get an SSD instead and add a 40$ TB hdd later.

If you never used an SSD before, it will blow your fucking mind.