decisions, decisions... That I need help with!

Hi! I have a problem that I would like to have answered and I couldn't find anywhere else for this info. I am looking to start custom liquid cooling and I was wondering if I should go with this crazy idea I stirred up in my head... I already have a nepton 240m that I don't want to scrap so I thought that I should make a custom loop just for my graphics card, then add my cpu later. I just wanted to know if this is a good idea because I am planning to ask for this as a gift for graduation from my dad, thanks in advance!

So are you talking about using the Nepton 240M on the CPU, while building a custom loop (radiator, pump, reservoir, block, and fittings) for the graphics card? The opposite is likely how a lot of full custom loops start: using a kit for the CPU then adding the graphics card later. Sounds like you're doing the opposite: AIO for now for the CPU, and starting a custom loop on the graphics card. So what exactly is your concern with doing this?

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

So are you talking about using the Nepton 240M on the CPU, while building a custom loop (radiator, pump, reservoir, block, and fittings) for the graphics card? The opposite is likely how a lot of full custom loops start: using a kit for the CPU then adding the graphics card later. Sounds like you're doing the opposite: AIO for now for the CPU, and starting a custom loop on the graphics card. So what exactly is your concern with doing this?

I don't exactly have any concerns, I am just new to liquid cooling and I didn't know if anything would conflict.

I don't exactly have any concerns, I am just new to liquid cooling and I didn't know if anything would conflict.

No not at all, you could run an individual loop or AIO cooler on every component and any of mix of them if you wanted to and had the space. Normally though people only run a single loop a twin loop at max so you could easy keep your cpu on your AIO and just build a gpu loop and at any time add your cpu to it.