SSD Benchmark with write cache and RAM cache

HawkJ

Hello. I currently have the Kingston V300 250GB SSD. I was really disappointed with the write speeds on this SSD. So tried to test out varies ways to improve the speed. 

Firstly, i tested the SSD with the write cache and ram cache OFF

These were the crystal mark benchmark results

post-69629-0-62054600-1431273294.jpg

Then i tested it with the write cache ON

post-69629-0-10899500-1431273327.jpg

Then i kept the write cache ON and used SuperCache, the trail version to test out RAM Cache (8GB) method. The results i got was kind of weird. I am not sure. 

post-69629-0-56059400-1431273418.jpg

What do you guys think?

This is the thing with the V300. They switched to worse flash with the same SSD and now you get bad writes.

I like what you did with the RAM cache though.

Sig under construction.

That is some crappy write speeds LOL (sorry xD)

the v300 has this issue so you cant really fix it....

the ram cache only really boost your speeds for small file transfers soooo yeah dont be fooled by those huge numbers! 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

That is some crappy write speeds LOL (sorry xD)

the v300 has this issue so you cant really fix it....

the ram cache only really boost your speeds for small file transfers soooo yeah dont be fooled by those huge numbers! 

Haha. Yeah. I didnt do enough research on it before purchasing it. Anyway, im getting the 850 Pro. 

Yeah, i guess upto 8GB in this case. There are other software's which can get you upto 64 or even more but they are paid

This is the thing with the V300. They switched to worse flash with the same SSD and now you get bad writes.

I like what you did with the RAM cache though.

True. The worst. Im upgrading to the 850 though. And Thanks. 

Haha. Yeah. I didnt do enough research on it before purchasing it. Anyway, im getting the 850 Pro. 

Yeah, i guess upto 8GB in this case. There are other software's which can get you upto 64 or even more but they are paid

There is the samsung magician which also has ram cache if you wanna enable it! (it is called rapid mode in the software)

May i know why are you oping for the pro version instead of evo? :o

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

There is the samsung magician which also has ram cache if you wanna enable it! (it is called rapid mode in the software)

May i know why are you oping for the pro version instead of evo? :o

Well, the main reason is because i am a music producer. So i want every ounce of speed. Then it comes with a 10 years warranty and the price difference between the both is not huge.