AMD FX-9370

Beskamir

So I was checking Memory Express's new arrivals as I often due and I happened to see this: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX46698 what made me really laugh is "AMD FX-93xx Series Processors are Faster and Hotter Than Ever!"

Anyways if MemoryExpress has them it's confirmed for me that they will be avaliable for DIY system builders. Just much like 2011, they won't include stock heatsinks so if you want one you will have to buy a seperate one.

I was reading the the article type deal there, and they said it had 8 physical cores. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that technically not how the PileDriver architecture is set up? I guess I should know being an 8320 owner haha

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

I was reading the the article type deal there, and they said it had 8 physical cores. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that technically not how the PileDriver architecture is set up? I guess I should know being an 8320 owner haha

From what I've gathered it has 8 cores, but some resources are shared between them. That's why people say it is not a true 8 core.

It does have 8 physical integer cores, every two in a module, along with a floating point unit and a decoder.

From what I've gathered it has 8 cores, but some resources are shared between them. That's why people say it is not a true 8 core.

But why was it advertised as the 'first 8 core desktop CPU' or some crap if it's not a real 8 core, I'm confused (though it wouldn't be the first time).

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

But why was it advertised as the 'first 8 core desktop CPU' or some crap if it's not a real 8 core, I'm confused (though it wouldn't be the first time).

It has 8 physical cores so they can call it an 8 core CPU even though it can be argued that it isn't a true 8 core. It is similar to how T-mobile in the US marketed a while back that they had 4G when they really only had HSPA+ which isn't true 4G.