Family Sharing *Could* Come Back to Xbox One

EChondo

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/15/microsofts-whitten-laments-poor-xbox-one-communication-family/

For one thing, he said, Family Sharing isn't necessarily gone for good. "If [Family Sharing] is something that people are really excited about and want, we're going to make sure that we find the right way to bring it back." It would require additional engineering to enable Family Sharing after always-online was dropped, so the feature was removed from the Xbox One launch window.

Awesome. More features and benefits to everyone if this were to go about!

I know how to solve the problem, offer to buy the game for an individual or a console, that way the game would always be tied to only one account.

I don't expect anyone to have more than one XBox if the Kynect is required.

I know how to solve the problem, offer to buy the game for an individual or a console, that way the game would always be tied to only one account.

I don't expect anyone to have more than one XBox if the Kynect is required.

A lot of people have multiple 360's.

It could work like this; you can only buy digital games if you want the family sharing plan features. Once you have your 10 "family" members chosen, they all have to be online to play your game, if they go offline, it gives them a 10 minute window to save their game and try to reacquire a connection. If you want your game back, your family member has to "hand-off"(pretty much go to the game and there should be an option where you give the game back) the game to you if you want to play it again.

We could have a console that is half and half. Allow physical purchases to stay the same, but expand on digital. Once a few people try and they have a POSITIVE experience, then they'll tell their friends "hey man, it's cheaper and easier. I don't even need to get off my couch to change games!", then more and more people will start to go digital.

The console will undoubtedly have a ~10 year life span, Microsoft should not try to force people into a digital era, but give them the experience and the benefits of going digital. Once that 10 years roll around, the new consoles should only have a Blu-Ray player to watch movies with and not to play games with.

I hope it does since that would mean steam would HAVE to integrate a form of steam sharing. Therefore its better for use:)