Xbox 360 controller with PC compatibility

Badgerworks
Go to solution Solved by C0LL0SS0S,

Nope since the plug&Play cables only deliver energy, no data, you either buy that dongle, which is really hard to get, or get a wired xbox 360 Controller, or the one one

Hi everyone,

I recently built my first PC, and I'm really enjoying it, but I still have a bunch of wireless x360 controllers lying around that I was wondering if I could use for games. They're wireless, but if I go out and buy a wired adapter for them (the charging cable thing) will they work with my PC, or do I need to buy a controller with the wire built in?

Thanks

Nope since the plug&Play cables only deliver energy, no data, you either buy that dongle, which is really hard to get, or get a wired xbox 360 Controller, or the one one

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hi everyone,

I recently built my first PC, and I'm really enjoying it, but I still have a bunch of wireless x360 controllers lying around that I was wondering if I could use for games. They're wireless, but if I go out and buy a wired adapter for them (the charging cable thing) will they work with my PC, or do I need to buy a controller with the wire built in?

Thanks

For legit microsoft xbox 360 wireless controller u gonna need a receiver, which is in the box (red box - for pc). It supports pc just out of the box, so no problem, but it's hell expensive.

Get logitech f7150, it's wireless with very small receiver, good quality and works with AA batteries, so u can replace them very fast, when u need it. I use 2 batteries for about 1 month, 3-4 hours of everyday gaming.

You can buy one of these and it will work just fine.

I hate you.

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Hi everyone,

Thanks

How do the wireless controllers communicate with the Xbox360 or with a PC in general? Do they use Bluetooth or a RF or something? I ask because my PC has a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth expansion card and I'm wondering if a Xbox controller would work as well.

You can buy one of these and it will work just fine.

I bought a cheap knock off from Ebay for like £7 and works just like the original

:ph34r::D

I don't think they work through bluetooth like PS3 controllers. I believe you need the wireless dongle (which isn't much. It's like $10)

OK sounds good thank you!

7 pounds is about $10-11, so it evens out.

Oh fair enough, Im not to great the the whole £-$