Corsair Air 540 idea

I posted this on the "Case Modding and Other Mods" but it appears that there is not that much traffic over there. Hope it's not wrong to have done this.

I had an idea about the Corsair Air 540 case. When I saw it I really liked it but I currently have a Micro ATX board so it got me thinking of cutting a hole on the bottom for an extra radiator

I made the picture really quick and in paint so it's kind of rough.

What do you guys think. Would it still look weird putting a mATX board in there?

SHgx4Bd.jpg

no bottom mounting :/ this case is optimal for air cooling, not much for water cooling.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

It would look fine.

He's going to mod it, obviously. And its great for water cooling, very good actually.

no bottom mounting :/ this case is optimal for air cooling, not much for water cooling.

It would look fine.

He's going to mod it, obviously. And its great for water cooling, very good actually.

I would just cut a big hole on the bottom and put some dust filters.

I would just cut a big hole on the bottom and put some dust filters.

just saying there are a lot more cases out there that are much more optimal for water cooling without any modding needed.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

just saying there are a lot more cases out there that are much more optimal for water cooling without any modding needed.

That is a very unique case and there are none like it. TTL is using it for his next case and modding it for superb water cooling. 

That is a very unique case and there are none like it. TTL is using it for his next case and modding it for superb water cooling. 

Linus and Paul both say it's best for air cooling, but can do watercooling, it's just not the best case for it.

Linus and Paul both say it's best for air cooling, but can do watercooling, it's just not the best case for it.

I didn't say it was, which why it's being modded. I said its a unique case and there are none like it. Saying "get another case" is lazy. This case is amazing for water cooling when modded correctly. Which is what enthusiasts do. 

It's actually really good for watercooling out of the box. There are not a lot of mid tower cases than can support a 360 and a 240 rad out of the box.

To be fair, Linus' opinions on cases isn't the best. He is using a very outdated case that even when modded doesn't really work correctly. I mean he himself hates the Switch 810 which is one of the best cases around.

TTL has one of the best mindsets to review and judge cases because he thinks about them more than "at stock". His opinion (on cases only) is way more valid in my eyes than Pauls', Linus' or really anyone elses.

And yes this case is one of a kind. Find me another case with hidden ODD drives, a hidden PSU, and a place to hide your pump and rad. While still showing off all your important hardware and loops.

The only problem with this case is the bottom where the drive cages are, but those are moddedable.

I do know this is probly the wrong forum for this discussion, most people here just buy things and chuck them together, lol. No creativity.