I Need help on connecting my monitor to my card?

NewGUYgamer

My Motherboard didnt come with slot for whatever the monitor connects to .. its an Asus maximus vi hero.

post-224172-0-23453700-1431039264.jpgpost-224172-0-23453700-1431039264.jpgpost-224172-0-08764500-1431039272.jpg

what am i supposed to get/do?? and which port should i plug into, they both different

you will need 2 purcuse i new graphice card to 4 ur monitor

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

Ignore the person above me.

If your monitor only supports VGA, then it might be time to upgrade your monitor. However, depending on what GPU you got, it might have come with a DVI to VGA adapter, which would be what you're looking for.

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

First off, that is a VGA cable. an older but still good display cable.

You will need a DVI to VGA adapter.  There are a few kinds but I personally like the ones that attach to the back of the card.  Your Graphics card may have one included so check there first.  If it doesn't, here is one for $2

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

You will need a DVI to VGA adapter.  There are a few kinds but I personally like the ones that attach to the back of the card.  Your Graphics card may have one included so check there first.  If it doesn't, here is one for $2

i was about to say that lol!! good job :D

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

Ignore the person above me.

If your monitor only supports VGA, then it might be time to upgrade your monitor. However, depending on what GPU you got, it might have come with a DVI to VGA adapter, which would be what you're looking for.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/14790932740556365147?q=dvi+monitor+cable&espv=2&biw=1298&bih=683&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.92765956,d.aWw&tch=1&ech=1ψ=a-9LVdSCIIOeyATkhoGgBg.1431039851679.5&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX-NYqvCD7WWN09BqhhB8exdALfobW3NWbGoXT_rfheFei73-g3udIBoTDtRJnHr4Eu1Z9bQfRyCmP4YPqxZBDDw0XbbOV-RdQXSw7Equbctz75B4hRIZAFPVH72cq0YGINfAIdZir6sKRTlBpkAYIw&ved=0CBAQpis&ei=cu9LVcGqB8XdoATc1IDoAQ

this? which slot is the one i should get

wow are they sold in stores

you will need 2 purcuse i new graphice card to 4 ur monitor

This is the same guy that wants to spend $2500 on an entirely AMD rig because "AMD is in to 9000's and intel is only in the 4000's".

Ignore anything he ever says ever. Ever.

You need either a VGA to DVI adapter or (if your monitor supports it) an HDMI/Display Port cable.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

wow are they sold in stores

They may be sold in stores, I live in a small town and do not have the luxury of such a store.  $2 is cheap enough for me not to check though...

Just be careful.  Some standards such as HDMI CANNOT transfer or transmit an analog signal and please, avoid any of them as they do not work.

(HDMI-VGA ones)

As for these, they work too and are useful for extending your cable.  Obviously you see that they are more expensive but the pros are nice.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

This is the same guy that wants to spend $2500 on an entirely AMD rig because "AMD is in to 9000's and intel is only in the 4000's".

Ignore anything he ever says ever. Ever.

You need either a VGA to DVI adapter or (if your monitor supports it) an HDMI/Display Port cable.

probaby vga to dvi! i was in a rush to use my pc and bought a 160$ random monitor that looked nice at office depot lol now i need to get something else and i have a gtx 970 from megabyte if that helps..are vga to dvi adapters sold in stores if so which ones?

probaby vga to dvi! i was in a rush to use my pc and bought a 160$ random monitor that looked nice at office depot lol now i need to get something else and i have a gtx 970 from megabyte if that helps..are vga to dvi adapters sold in stores if so which ones?

I would suspect that you can find one in the same store as you bought that monitor.  However, you do not want replace that monitor just because of it's port.  You need a better reason like needing 4K or so.