Hello everyone,

I am thinking about building my first gaming/video editing rig, and am wondering if you guys think that this is a good build.  Thanks for the help!

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheFlurryGames/saved/#view=VJDTwP

Thanks guys!

-Flurry

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

upgrade to amd procussor unit it has more cores for less money

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

ummm... no...

OP that rig is fine as is

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

There is far more than cores in choosing a processor.  Like Single-threaded perfromance.  AMD does not have it and is exceptionally slower in ALL programs especially compared to the i7.  The only thing they have is cheapness and better power than a dual-core Intel. 

The build is good except that I would rather you go lower on things like the dual HDD Raid? the H100 and so fourth to try to get a Titan X inside.  Things like a 500GB SSD.  Go for say a 120 GB at 25% the cost and a single 2TB.  Just stick to cutting down a bit on stuff and you'll get 980 sli or a Titan X inside that build which will be a far better choice than any 500GB SSD or etc... 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Unless you're putting the hard drives in a RAID array,  I don't see the point of having two 2TB drives when you can have one 4TB for less money. Besides that, everything looks pretty good. 

I would perfer to not.  I know that amd has more cores and costs less, but every single pre-build computer that I have had has had an Intel and I trust them completely.  Thank you for the suggestion though!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

There is far more than cores in choosing a processor.  Like Single-threaded perfromance.  AMD does not have it and is exceptionally slower in ALL programs especially compared to the i7.  The only thing they have is cheapness and better power than a dual-core Intel. 

The build is good except that I would rather you go lower on things like the dual HDD Raid? the H100 and so fourth to try to get a Titan X inside.  Things like a 500GB SSD.  Go for say a 120 GB at 25% the cost and a single 2TB.  Just stick to cutting down a bit on stuff and you'll get 980 sli or a Titan X inside that build which will be a far better choice than any 500GB SSD or etc... 

Thanks for the help!  I did want to get a Titan X, so now I can while keeping the price around the same!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Unless you're putting the hard drives in a RAID array,  I don't see the point of having two 2TB drives when you can have one 4TB for less money. Besides that, everything looks pretty good. 

Thanks for telling me!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I have decided to go with a Titan X, but I am wondering if I should get an Asus or EVGA?  What are your personal preferences?  Thanks for all of the help so far!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I have decided to go with a Titan X, but I am wondering if I should get an Asus or EVGA?  What are your personal preferences?  Thanks for all of the help so far!

Since none of them have a new cooler, they are equally as good.  I'd do the ASUS personally but what I said is true.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

EVGA has a great warranty policy.

I don't understand the 1 KW power supply for a 4790k and a 980 or Titan X. Are you planning to do SLI in the future?

I don't understand the 1 KW power supply for a 4790k and a 980 or Titan X. Are you planning to do SLI in the future?

Yes, I do plan to do SLI in the future!  After I build this, I am hoping to save up for a second Titan X.

Formerly TheFlurryGames