Windows 8 freezes over night/while at work

Quick-

I just recently partially completed my new gaming pc (still need to buy a gpu)  It's been running now for a couple of days, and I had it overclocked to about 4.2Ghz.  It was running at a decent temp with the stock cooler (around 75c at 100% load)  I thought it might be my overclock not 100% stable, so I returned to stock settings but it's still freezing over night.

I have hibernation disabled, mostly to save precious space on my SSD.  I've updated all of my drivers, but I'm at a loss here. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Specs:

Motherboard - MSI Z87-G45

CPU - i5-4670k stock settings

GPU - PNY Gt 220

Ram - Kingston HyperX 8Gb stick

PSU - Corsair GS600

Try removing the GT220 and letting W8 run.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Try removing the GT220 and letting W8 run.

I'll try it, getting ready to go to bed. I'll let it run overnight. 

Thanks for the suggestion! 

This sort of thing happened to me a few times where i would go out leave my PC on and the monitors would go on standby, when i get back to wake it up monitors wont turn back on.

Way i fixed it is by making it so my monitors wont ever turn off and putting all power settings to high performance. If i go out now i either just leave my monitors on or just press the button on each of them to turn them off.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

This sort of thing happened to me a few times where i would go out leave my PC on and the monitors would go on standby, when i get back to wake it up monitors wont turn back on.

Way i fixed it is by making it so my monitors wont ever turn off and putting all power settings to high performance. If i go out now i either just leave my monitors on or just press the button on each of them to turn them off.

I normally turn my monitor off when I know I'm going to be gone for a while. They do turn back on though, it was just a frozen desktop when it turned on.

So when I woke up this morning my computer wasn't frozen. So I think the gt 220 was the problem. I'll know for sure when I get home from work later though.

So it seems the graphics card wasn't it.  It was frozen at the desktop when I got home.  I should note, the Hard drive indicator light stays lit up when it's frozen also.

May be the hard drive instead.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

May be the hard drive instead.

My OS is on a new Sandisk 120GB Extreme.  

You have only one stick of RAM, correct?

You have only one stick of RAM, correct?

Yes

What software runs in the background?

What software runs in the background?

Realtek HD manger, sound blaster cinema, utorrent, Avast (disabled), sometimes Steam.

Okay. Try this...run W8 in Safe Mode(if you even can), and see if it freezes. This will help see if it's hardware or software based.

Okay. Try this...run W8 in Safe Mode(if you even can), and see if it freezes. This will help see if it's hardware or software based.

Okay, I'll put it in safe mode before I go to bed tonight and see what happens.