PC Build upgrade!

Hi guys, sorry if im posting in a wrong forum, just joined the community!

I have a rather old PC which i use for gaming D3 mainly and previously wow and Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Until now it's been alright but now im starting to get frustrated over its bad performance. (Low fps in D3 for instance). I would like to upgrade my computer but unfortunately i dont know much about it... So i was hoping you guys would be able to help me upgrade my computer and I hoped i could get a good upgrade for less than 450 dollars / 400 euro. Hope it is possible and help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys!! Ask if theres anything else you need to know about the computer

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3GHz 3GHz

4 GB Ram DDR2

NVidia Geforce GT 640

Power supply:
DeZen Model DZ-P400LN
Watts: 400W 

Motherboard:
ASUS P5K SE

There's only 2 options: Upgrade the CPU (And motherboard AND RAM!), or upgrade the GPU...

Considering a GPU upgrade is likely going to be bottlenecked by your current CPU (And RAM!), you're best off upgrading your CPU (and motherboard, and RAM...)

Can you reuse your case and hard drives?

If you can stretch your budget by like $50, and can reuse your current case and hard drive this would be great

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FXJtdC

If you like to live on the edge you could reuse your PSU too and save $70

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

I would get a used X5450, mod it, and then get a nice gpu, like a gtx 970.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hello, 

For 334 euro my opinion is to upgrade it with that list: 

GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX750 2gb , INTEL PENTIUM G3258, VENGEANCE 8GB DDR3 1600 ΜΗΖ CL9 and  ASROCK H81M-VG4 R2.0.

You can keep your HDDs, case and PSU.

I hope i helped you a litle.  :)

Best of Luck!! 

wow thank you so much for your help great suggestions guys i really appreciate it! I can easily keep my case its very big and good :P Dunno about the harddrive :P (sry for noob overload)