Linus tech tips bitcoin mining pool?

Go to solution Solved by RuecanOnRails,

The mining pool, had intentions of DONATING your hash power to earn coins for LinusTechTips, it would not be a pool where you profit from it. The talks of implementing any cryptocurrencies seems to have stopped.

I thought about setting up and providing support for a 100% donation type pool for anyone wishing to donate to LinusTechTips by mining. However I never received a reply one way or another from Linus and setting up an unofficial donation based group wouldn't look too good.

I'd still be willing to go through with maintaining an account and wallet with offline cold storage for LinusTechTips donation mining if permission to do so was granted. I would likely keep it Litecoin only for mining as it could be mined easier and by anyone using GPU's. Where as bitcoin's difficulty is getting much too high for casual mining.

I remember in one of the livestreams that there was something said about having a bitcoin mining pool for this grand community we have here. i cant find anything on it, so im guessing that it does not currently exist, but could it? is that something that could be set up within the budget of Linus media group? has the idea been completely abolished for some reason?

also if it was a thing, who would be in the pool? once i get my ASIC, i would be glad to join such a thing as long as the fees are reasonable.

The mining pool, had intentions of DONATING your hash power to earn coins for LinusTechTips, it would not be a pool where you profit from it. The talks of implementing any cryptocurrencies seems to have stopped.

I thought about setting up and providing support for a 100% donation type pool for anyone wishing to donate to LinusTechTips by mining. However I never received a reply one way or another from Linus and setting up an unofficial donation based group wouldn't look too good.

I'd still be willing to go through with maintaining an account and wallet with offline cold storage for LinusTechTips donation mining if permission to do so was granted. I would likely keep it Litecoin only for mining as it could be mined easier and by anyone using GPU's. Where as bitcoin's difficulty is getting much too high for casual mining.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.