Games rendering in 4k by default (NVIDIA GTX 970)

jman3350
Go to solution Solved by Reuben,

Not sure exactly where it is as I'm on my laptop right now, but in the Nvidia control panel has 3D options on the left click that and scroll through the options, there is an option called DSR- dynamic super resolution, uncheck all the boxes.

So the gtx 970 (and 980 only i think) have features where you can choose to render your games in 4k on a 1080p monitor. I tried this with one game and now it's been doing it with all of my games. I would like to disable it permanently so I do not have them rendering in 4K constantly, as I don't really need to. It messes up my steam community size, etc.

Thank you :)

click on the customize option in the optimizer and choose 1080p

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not sure exactly where it is as I'm on my laptop right now, but in the Nvidia control panel has 3D options on the left click that and scroll through the options, there is an option called DSR- dynamic super resolution, uncheck all the boxes.

click on the customize option in the optimizer and choose 1080p

It was doing it with games that I didn't even optimize which is why I was confused.

I found it! It's under "Manage 3D settings > Global Settings" and then there was a DSR dropdown menu that was set to "4x native resolution" so I unchecked it and now the option to load in 4k is gone! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

It was getting really annoying lol