AZIO MGK1

Go to solution Solved by CapricaBuccaneers,

Well I've only tried Kailh switches once and in the longer run they might be decent, but I've read a ton of mixed reviews.

If you're willing to take the chance on the $68 board and it ends up being crap, you'll end up losing all of it. (Returns policies notwithstanding).

Keyboards, Mice and Displays are definitely things I would consider spending a least a little bit more for quality, doesn't have to be a huge amount. See what you can get on offer, I'm sure somewhere will have Cherry switches on offer for around $75 if you grabbed a K70 for $70. That 7 bucks is definitely worth spending, imo.

So I am looking to get a decent mechanical keyboard for office use. I recently got a Corsair K70 non RGB Cherry MX Red for home use and I do like it (but I still kinda wish for some tactile feedback like in browns or blues). That K70 Cherry MX Red (only) was is in sale for 79.99 so I grabbed the opportunity.

Since I am craving for some tactile feedback; I was thinking to get a Cherry MX Blue keyboard for office use where there are opportunities to enjoy it. I have my own office so click clacking is not an issue.  

I was looking at this AZIO MGK1 keyboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839022&cm_re=mgk1-_-23-839-022-_-Productand with the promo code from Newegg it would be $68.00.

Is there any current owner who can recommend this keyboard? I see some very positive feedback on this keyboard in Amazon reviews even though it uses Kailh Blue switches. Even Linus in his Tt eSPORTS Posiedon Z Blue (Kailh) Switch review video didn't say much bad about this switches. Same goes with HardwareCanucks YouTube channel review on this switches. 

I am aware there are lot of mechanical keyboard enthusiast bashing this Kailh switches for being a copy cat and not providing the pure cherry MX feel.

So, what you guys think? will  AZIO MGK1 be a good buy for $68.00?

I would recommend the Monoprice Mechanical Keyboard instead. It has real Cherry MX Blue switches and a bit cheaper than that Azio one. Even looks a lot classier, in my opinion at least. Doesn't have backlighting, though.

I wouldn't.

It depends what the constraining factor is for you, is it price?

Personally I'd try to get a Cherry Mx-Board 3.0 with my preferred switches (I got mine for around £45), but they're getting hard to find.

Coolermaster have some decent models that are well priced, definitely consider them.

This is the first result that my search popped up in USD http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EQV0W02/ref=twister_B00GY1A1Y4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would recommend the Monoprice Mechanical Keyboard instead. It has real Cherry MX Blue switches and a bit cheaper than that Azio one. Even looks a lot classier, in my opinion at least. Doesn't have backlighting, though.

Monoprice Keyboard is out of stock, I was interested in the AZIO MGK1 because of its built (aluminium face plate) and features, specially the back light one because  I like to work in a dark room :) . it also mimics the K70 looks which I find attractive (except the dual black and red color scheme)  

I wouldn't.

It depends what the constraining factor is for you, is it price?

Personally I'd try to get a Cherry Mx-Board 3.0 with my preferred switches (I got mine for around £45), but they're getting hard to find.

Coolermaster have some decent models that are well priced, definitely consider them.

This is the first result that my search popped up in USD http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EQV0W02/ref=twister_B00GY1A1Y4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Checked it on Amazon, $90 is a bit too steep. Let me think. I just might change my budget....

Well I've only tried Kailh switches once and in the longer run they might be decent, but I've read a ton of mixed reviews.

If you're willing to take the chance on the $68 board and it ends up being crap, you'll end up losing all of it. (Returns policies notwithstanding).

Keyboards, Mice and Displays are definitely things I would consider spending a least a little bit more for quality, doesn't have to be a huge amount. See what you can get on offer, I'm sure somewhere will have Cherry switches on offer for around $75 if you grabbed a K70 for $70. That 7 bucks is definitely worth spending, imo.