Best R9 290x?

ChrisfromNL

What's your color scheme? Personally I absolutely love the MSI Lightning and it's my favorite cooler of all time, but I also have a soft spot (read: creepy GPU fetish) for the XFX double dissipation cooler and Powercolor  PCS+ cooler. The powercolor one looks to be pretty good for plasti-dipping too, so it can match almost anything, and if you put a put painters tape in the indentations before spraying ti could look really good.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Vapor x

Lightning

Tri x

Don't bother with anything less

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor

1. Sapphire Vapour-X

2. MSI Lightning

3. Sapphire Tri-X/PowerColour PCS+ (there's pretty much nothing to split the two)

5. Gigabyte Windforce

I have 2 PowerColour ones, and when only one card is in use it never goes above around 66-70 degrees.

Vapour-x and the Lightning seem to be the best cards. Also the tri-x if you can't get the vapour-X

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Sapphire 290X Vapor X....

Hear the MSI Lightning is pretty decent...just been using Sapphire so long (since the 5000 series cards) so I'm kinda partial.

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

you might wanna think warranty when your buying too, if you have something like.. Sapphire, which has different companies handling your warranty. If you look for something like asus, which (at least in Canada) which has a pretty good warranty service, for example having there own warranty office. you gotta research this and keep it in mind too! it''l really save you a headache if it doesn't work.

you might wanna think warranty when your buying too, if you have something like.. Sapphire, which has different companies handling your warranty. If you look for something like asus, which (at least in Canada) which has a pretty good warranty service, for example having there own warranty office. you gotta research this and keep it in mind too! it''l really save you a headache if it doesn't work.

that's the thing though asus has one of the worst coolers for the 290x it's basically just above reference in most of the comparison videos
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

that's the thing though asus has one of the worst coolers for the 290x it's basically just above reference in most of the comparison videos

right, that is a big factor as well :")

right, that is a big factor as well :")

lol
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Thanks everyone for all the replies, I have decided to go with the MSI Lightning card as the Vapor X is slightly out of my price range. Thanks for all of the help.

Wow the MSI Lightning is cheaper than the Vapor X....wow...the lightning looks cooler as well. Let us know how it plays out for you bud.