mechanical keyboards

jamesfindlay3

Hi guy i am wondering what keyboard I should get for gaming/essay writing and general use. I want it to be quite so so far I have chosen the logitech g710 plus but the problem is it only has one color of back lighting and i want something with a bit more options. I looked at roccat but they were really expensive as was the corsair rgb, the only other one is the logitech g910 but I don't like the key switches on that. What would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

I LOVE my 710+. It is a great keyboard. The browns are great, and since it comes with o-rings its not too loud or annoying, and feels great! It really is a great keyboard.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Well the K70 rgb is amazing and it seems they fixed most of the problems in the last firmware update. If you want to do some essays and a lot of typing then you should probably go with Clear, brown, or blue switches, blue are loud though and to me they get annoying after a while. Linear switches like reds feel a bit mushy when you're typing and I make a lot of mistakes when typing ever since I got my K70 with reds. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

you could get a k70 rgb if you like the lights but i dont really think its worth it with the extra money for quiet keys good for typing you should probably get mx browns

Hi guy i am wondering what keyboard I should get for gaming/essay writing and general use. I want it to be quite so so far I have chosen the logitech g710 plus but the problem is it only has one color of back lighting and i want something with a bit more options. I looked at roccat but they were really expensive as was the corsair rgb, the only other one is the logitech g910 but I don't like the key switches on that. What would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

K70 non RGB or a $80-90 board from here

If the budget is not a problem, I recommend the Duckies. They are solid, well built, and reliable. I had the Duckies since 2013 and I don't regret spending extra money rather than getting cheaper K70 or G710

K70 non RGB or a $80-90 board from here

Your list is incorrect. It lists the K40 as a MX Red keyboard (while it is rubber dome) and it lists the K65 as having Razer Swtiches (while it has MX Red switches)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Wow, epic Excel>GDocs fail during sort. Thx fixed.