Alienware 15 2015 HDD replacement

vuem1

Hello all,

I have an alienware 15 early 2015, it come with 500GB 5400rpm HDD only. I want to replace it with  a SSD for better performance.

But the question is: what type of HDD alienware 15 2015 have? Can I replace it with a 2.5" SSD?

Well most laptops HDD's are 2.5" anyways

You can replace it *assuming you know how to do it. (dont trust me on this, wait for the other responses)

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Dell normally are very good at enabling you to change a hard drive yourself, as a picture of the product page has the bottom removed. It will be a 2.5" hdd as it is a laptop. The thickness is one thing to think about. Best way to find out is by going to device manager, then googling the hard drive model listed under "disk drives".

But.... A better solution may be to add an m.2 ssd as it accepts them, This means you can keep the original storage drive as mass storage. laptop-alienware-17-pdp-module-6.jpg

"If in doubt, use a bigger hammer" Anonymous

Hello all,

I have an alienware 15 early 2015, it come with 500GB 5400rpm HDD only. I want to replace it with  a SSD for better performance.

But the question is: what type of HDD alienware 15 2015 have? Can I replace it with a 2.5" SSD?

Any modern SSD will fit.