GTA 5 performance issues

I don`t know if i`m the only one with this issue, but if anyone knows / has this issue or knows how to fix it, please post here.

For some reason it seems like gta 5 enjoys playing on a single Gpu rather than crossfire.

This shows extremely well when i play, since i get better performance on a single gpu, rather than my regular crossfire configuration.

I get 60-75 fps in the city at noon, at night i get 70-80, but when i run with crossfire i get 45-55 fps at noon, and 50-60 at night.

Again i don`t know if it is just me, or gta 5 hating crossfire, but any insight would help.

some extra information:

I run Gta 5 at 1920x1080 with everything set on ultra except the advanced options and MSAA.

+ a more detailed version is in my profile

Give it a month, the game needs some serious fixing.

The game hate multigpu afaik. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

VSync Stopped working after yesterday for me, so I have screen tearing when I hit 60fps, unless it's something else.

Lord of Helium.

There's something wrong with your drivers imo.

I'm running 3860x2160, all on highest settings, except for dumb stuff which gives absolutely no visual improvement but a performance hit (Like grass on Ultra instead of high, etc.)

I'm going with 295x2 which is basically 290X in Crossfire, and I get 60fps with drops to 50 on that resolution with no Anti-Aliasing. You should download the GTA optimized drivers and swift through profiles and stuff. Also, what kind of CPU do you have, and have you tried changing the settings?

There's something wrong with your drivers imo.

I'm running 3860x2160, all on highest settings, except for dumb stuff which gives absolutely no visual improvement but a performance hit (Like grass on Ultra instead of high, etc.)

I'm going with 295x2 which is basically 290X in Crossfire, and I get 60fps with drops to 50 on that resolution with no Anti-Aliasing. You should download the GTA optimized drivers and swift through profiles and stuff. Also, what kind of CPU do you have, and have you tried changing the settings?

I`ve downloaded the 15.4 aka Gta v driver 3 times pretty sure that isnt the problem, CPU is the i5 2500k OC`d to 4.8Ghz.

I have changed settings but that isnt the problem it`s that crossfire gives less performance than a single gpu on the exact same settings.

Maybe your GPUs are thermal throttling, have you checked the temps whilst running CF ?

Maybe your GPUs are thermal throttling, have you checked the temps whilst running CF ?

top gpu is running at 75 C while the lower one is running 65-70.