windows 10

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

and they track what you are doing in win 10??? 

and the upgrade from win 8.1 will be free for only 1 year right?? after that we will have to pay....i would rather buy it when it launches...

As mentioned, Windows 10 OFFER is for 1 year at the day of release (whenever that will be). If you don't upgrade within that 1 year, you will have to pay the full price of the Windows 10 Upgrade disk, like normal.

If you are part of the Windows Insider program, meaning you are using Windows 10 preview builds (technical preview or now, it has reached: Insider Preview) Microsoft tracks more than usual. Usually, Microsoft is only interested at what you run that is part of Windows. This is how Microsoft is able to focus on features that people use the most, and trash features/programs that no one or too few people uses. Also, it knows your system specs somewhat (# of CPU, GPU, version of Windows, monitor resolution, how many of them, DVD or Blu-ray drive, etc). Nothing is linked to you to identify you. Microsoft have been doing this since the longest time, basically since Internet was a thing, and widely used. Additional things that are sent to Microsoft, is when a program crash, searching for missing drivers, and BSODs.

Since Windows 8, you have an ID assignment to you for the advertisement built-in apps. Android and iOS have that. When you first start Windows after it is installed, Windows has the option to disable this, and generic ads will be showed, instead of ads based on your interest. In Windows 10, you can also add Cortana to the list. And yes you can disable it. So far it is disabled by default.

Being part of the Windows Insider, you give the right to Microsoft to log more than usual. Microsoft is interested in how you use your system. Where you click most, what do you do most, how you use a specific features. Microsoft uses these data for telemetry data collecting to be able to improve the GUI, and features. Sadly this additional tracking, can perhaps lead to personal information being collected. And also, if you use the Windows feedback program, and tell it to take a screen shot of your system, for you to show a fault. Well... if you have any personal information, it will be send to Microsoft.

Due to these facts, if someone intercepts your connection to Microsoft, and is monitored, password or your screen shot that included your social security number, credit card number and your list of passwords that you decided to include in it by accident or not, can be viewed. Also, as screen shot may be viewed by Microsoft, any sensitive information can be exposed to them. Not to mention that Microsoft servers might be compromised and collected data might be collected.

If you don't want to be tracked. Simply wait for the official release of Windows 10, and don't jump into any future beta programs.

You also need to be 18 years and older to join Windows Insider.

guys i have an fx 8320,asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 motherboard, sapphire r7 260x gpu, corsair 8gb 1600mhz ram, and a samsung 850 evo 120gb ssd

i want to try out the latest windows 10 preview 10074, 

i am worried about the driver supporting mostly...i am not sure about what drivers should i use..

and want to know how much stable it is at this build version..?

I would never use a technical preview on my main PC as these are mainly not very stable and could crash at any time

You would be better off buying 8.1 and then upgrading for free. Its more 'secure' because they aren't tracking what you are doing like they do in Windows 10. Driver support will most likely not be there like it is for 8.1 etc.

guys i have an fx 8320,asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 motherboard, sapphire r7 260x gpu, corsair 8gb 1600mhz ram, and a samsung 850 evo 120gb ssd

i want to try out the latest windows 10 preview 10074, 

i am worried about the driver supporting mostly...i am not sure about what drivers should i use..

and want to know how much stable it is at this build version..?

Windows 10 should work on your PC with no problems. Just use Windows 8.1 drivers for anything W10 doesn't auto-install.

As for Stability - well, it's a Beta product. Windows 10 Technical Preview is a technical preview. It could crash at any moment. The OS could become corrupt. All your local files on the same partition could be lost or damaged.

But it might also work totally fine. Are you a fairly expert level Computer Enthusiast? Do you have any IT training or advanced computer skills? And no, building a computer and installing Windows does not really count. I'm talking actual desktop troubleshooting in both software and hardware levels.

If you have these skills, or are willing to learn them on the fly, then go ahead, and install the W10 TP.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

this is not my main pc...i have a laptop and thats the main...and i also removed the hard drive i had in this pc and bought an ssd...so if it crashes...i wont have any data loss since all the datas are in hard drive and only the os will be in the ssd and also some few applications and may be a few key applications...

data loss is not a huge factor for me in this case...
and isnt the latest build pretty much stable...i read in google that its very much stable...

and i dont have proper it training....i am a student of it...and i want to learn on the fly... i have more than average ideas about windows working and not very highly..but adequate computer skills... i am going to be an it engineer within 1 year ...i want to try
and any idea how much price will this os be on the launch??

and the upgrade from win 8.1 will be free for only 1 year right?? after that we will have to pay....i would rather buy it when it launches...

Windows 10 rus fine on anything that was running Win8 or 8.1 any drivers yuio had should just transfer over unless you're doing a fresh install and not an upgrade.

i am doing a fresh install...with the windows 10 ..so i need to know aboout the drivers..though i have downloaded the 8.1 drivers already...for some..

I've been running Windows 10 tech preview on my laptop from 2007 for a few months now.

Haven't run into any problems.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have been testing in VMWare for a couple weeks until now, no problems.

The upgrade from Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade, but the offer is only available within the first year of Windows 10 release.

What that means is that if you upgrade to Windows 10 within the first year, then it is free. Free as in forever. After the first year, anyone else who wants to upgrade to Windows 10 (who hasn't already done so) must pay the normal upgrade fee.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As mentioned, Windows 10 OFFER is for 1 year at the day of release (whenever that will be). If you don't upgrade within that 1 year, you will have to pay the full price of the Windows 10 Upgrade disk, like normal.

If you are part of the Windows Insider program, meaning you are using Windows 10 preview builds (technical preview or now, it has reached: Insider Preview) Microsoft tracks more than usual. Usually, Microsoft is only interested at what you run that is part of Windows. This is how Microsoft is able to focus on features that people use the most, and trash features/programs that no one or too few people uses. Also, it knows your system specs somewhat (# of CPU, GPU, version of Windows, monitor resolution, how many of them, DVD or Blu-ray drive, etc). Nothing is linked to you to identify you. Microsoft have been doing this since the longest time, basically since Internet was a thing, and widely used. Additional things that are sent to Microsoft, is when a program crash, searching for missing drivers, and BSODs.

Since Windows 8, you have an ID assignment to you for the advertisement built-in apps. Android and iOS have that. When you first start Windows after it is installed, Windows has the option to disable this, and generic ads will be showed, instead of ads based on your interest. In Windows 10, you can also add Cortana to the list. And yes you can disable it. So far it is disabled by default.

Being part of the Windows Insider, you give the right to Microsoft to log more than usual. Microsoft is interested in how you use your system. Where you click most, what do you do most, how you use a specific features. Microsoft uses these data for telemetry data collecting to be able to improve the GUI, and features. Sadly this additional tracking, can perhaps lead to personal information being collected. And also, if you use the Windows feedback program, and tell it to take a screen shot of your system, for you to show a fault. Well... if you have any personal information, it will be send to Microsoft.

Due to these facts, if someone intercepts your connection to Microsoft, and is monitored, password or your screen shot that included your social security number, credit card number and your list of passwords that you decided to include in it by accident or not, can be viewed. Also, as screen shot may be viewed by Microsoft, any sensitive information can be exposed to them. Not to mention that Microsoft servers might be compromised and collected data might be collected.

If you don't want to be tracked. Simply wait for the official release of Windows 10, and don't jump into any future beta programs.

You also need to be 18 years and older to join Windows Insider.

i am more than 18years old...and thank you all for the help..i think i will take the os when it launches...since i dont want any crash or issues and definitely not being tracked.

and directx 12 is my main priority in this case and i think they said it will launch in the next half of this year..so we can expect it after june right?

and 1 more thing...r7 260x will support directx 12 ??