freezing

The past week my computer has started to hang, it starts off with programs stop responding and crashing then shortly after it hangs

another time I was copying files from hdd to hdd and it said I/O error or something and then I froze again shortly after

Once I restart after a crash it gets stuck on the windows loading symbol and I have to unplug the pc for 10 seconds before it will boot up again

help me pls

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

Have you tried restoring your PC to a restore point from a week or two ago?

Or running CCleaner to fix any registry errors.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Have you tried restoring your PC to a restore point from a week or two ago?

Or running CCleaner to fix any registry errors.

I have an ssd so I turned restore points off - didn't care about them anyway

I use CCleaner on startup.

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

The past week my computer has started to hang, it starts off with programs stop responding and crashing then shortly after it hangs

another time I was copying files from hdd to hdd and it said I/O error or something and then I froze again shortly after

Once I restart after a crash it gets stuck on the windows loading symbol and I have to unplug the pc for 10 seconds before it will boot up again

help me pls

Try checking your disk health by using Crystaldiskinfo, If one of the drives are marked as bad then it might need replacement.

sounds to me like it MIGHT be a problem with the storage device (HDD, SSD, SSHD). have you tried replacing the storage device to see if that helps?

Try checking your disk health by using Crystaldiskinfo, If one of the drives are marked as bad then it might need replacement.

They're all good in crystaldisk (ssd is 100%) 

NEW INFO: I forgot to add that sometimes after it hangs when I restart it says overclock fail (I had a 4.1ghz OC) which I reset to default (3.2) and it went away for a day or so

but the next day it came up again again saying overclock fail even though I didn't have an overclock on