to Cross fire or not Help

lucien303

Hello everyone                           (pardoning my self now for my poor knowledge of the English language)

i have a question my friend is having a build done soon but he can only spend $800 so all of that is going towards ram cpu mb and hdd and ssd the graphics card on the other hand he can either get a 750ti or crossfire yes i know an oldd card but the hd 6970 he has one and one moew would cost $150 much less than a 750ti and we already have one so that makes it an easier choice and if crossfiring them would be better how do i do it ive never had two of the same card before especially amd im an Nvidia person i don't dis amd though its just ive had a bad experience with them burning out my first computer. so your help would be most appreciated and another question on that his dads work bought these really good computers with 4790ks in them there really good they ordrd 10 but got 11 so he might have all those parts for him if there going to be stubborn about refunding it so the idea is if that hopefully happens he can get a 970 and if so is the crossfire eqevelant still better if so how much worse would the dual 6970s be compared to the 970 any way cheers for helping yeah i know abit of a difficult question but anyhelp would be most appreciated

cheers 

Lucien

If it comes down to crossfire 6970s vs single 750 ti you should crossfire the 6970s so long as you have the power supply and the airflow to handle both cards.

The 750 ti isn't much better than the 6970 and you're stuck with 2GB of VRAM either way you go so the crossfire cards should give you more performance.

Try this link for compairing GPUs http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

As for crossfire 6790s VS single 970 the 6790s wont even come close. A 4790k and a 970 would make for one hell of a gaming machine so I would hope your friend can can get his hands on those.