$1500 Dollar PC Build

Just need a little bit of help. I want to see if I can cut edges and save as much money as possible why keeping performance intact.

Don't change CPU, the 4690K is exactly what I think is perfect for the build.

The cooler, case and memory are probably the hot-spots I want to save on. On the cooler, is the H100i worth the money or should I just get a NH-U12S.

A question about the Ballistix Memory. Does it have XMP Profiles? If not, can someone find me the cheapest 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM kit with it?

I'm pretty confident about the case and graphics card but if you find a better case or a better 970, that would be great.

As for the PSU and MOBO, if think they are pretty solid and they might be hard for me to budge and change but if you find me a hard blowing deal, I'll take it.

Thanks Techies!

Build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/MrMineHeads/saved/MFYtt6

PS: The prices are in CAD 'cause I roll with Linus' country! Eh! Maple Syrup! Hockey! Igloos!

Also, if someone was to be so awesome and give the best gaming monitor, keyboard, and mouse and raise the price to C$2000 [EDIT: Now to a humble $1800]

- The monitor should have a high refresh rate and low response time, and the best display possible.

- Keyboard should have Cherry MX Blue switches (and if possible RGB lit)

- Forget about the mouse, I think the Death Adder would do fine!

Again thanks!

EDIT 1: Link didn't work.

EDIT 2: Found out about the XMP Profiles, no need anymore advice!

EDIT 3: Changed the PSU to the Sea Sonic G 550W (80+ Gold) and the cooler to a NH-U12S from an H100i

EDIT 4: Biggest Edit. The PSU was changed again to a Cosair CX 600W (80+ Bronze). Cooler is now a Hyper 212 Evo. The MOBO was also changed to a cheaper ASUS Z97-E. The Case is a Corsair 200R. GPU is an ASUS 970 Strix. HDD is a Seagate Barracuda and SSD is Crucial M500 (240GB). Finally, the RAM was changed to the Patriot Signature (1600 MHz). 

My Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.5 GHz MOBO: ASUS Z97M mATX RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz Storage #1: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Storage #2: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120 GB SSD GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X WINDFORCE Case: Cooler Master N200 PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 600B 600W Monitor: AOC 2367 23" IPS Display 

Future Upgrades
RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz (for a total of 16 GB) Storage #3: Sansung 850 Pro Series 256 GB SSD GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozer V Case: Corsair 350D Window mATX PSU: Cooler Master VSM 80+ Gold  650W
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Just realized how big this post is, WOW!

My Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.5 GHz MOBO: ASUS Z97M mATX RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz Storage #1: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Storage #2: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120 GB SSD GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X WINDFORCE Case: Cooler Master N200 PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 600B 600W Monitor: AOC 2367 23" IPS Display 

Future Upgrades
RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz (for a total of 16 GB) Storage #3: Sansung 850 Pro Series 256 GB SSD GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozer V Case: Corsair 350D Window mATX PSU: Cooler Master VSM 80+ Gold  650W
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Yes, Ballistix has XMP profiles.

You need to post the permalink and not the url.

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry about the link :P

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

I have the EXACT build. Everything about it. The SSD, the case, the GPU, CPU, EVERTHING!!!

Haven't built it yet but ordering parts. Did you copy me?

link is still wrong

edit the post..delete the old one and re-paste it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Yes, Ballistix has XMP profiles.

You need to post the permalink and not the url.

What's the system being used for?

Playing triple A titles maxed. At 1080p

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Playing triple A titles maxed. At 1080p

Please fix the link because it still hasn't been. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Should work now.

Not my A game today.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

there now it works..but you can't click on it..have to copy it and then paste it

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/qxkVTW

Really, I just click it and it works. Try it again.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

btw...try to buy whatever you can from directcanada

then you get free shipping and no PST

even if the part is a few bucks more..you will save on the total

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Should work now.

Not my A game today.

Link's fixed now. 

Why such a large case and psu? Are you planning to sli?

btw...try to buy whatever you can from directcanada

then you get free shipping and no PST

even if the part is a few bucks more..you will save on the total

Lol, that part list is a bit more expensive and it changes some of the things I'm comfortable with, thanks anyway!

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

What are you going to use your pc for?

Maxing games out.

Link's fixed now. 

Why such a large case and psu? Are you planning to sli?

This is for a friend. I want to give him a bit of upgradability for future times. And he wants a 4K screen to upgrade to so SLI might be something he might want to do later on the road.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Maxing games out.

This is for a friend. I want to give him a bit of upgradability for future times. And he wants a 4K screen to upgrade to so SLI might be something he might want to do later on the road.

Is that more of a definite yes to sli or no? The system could be quite cheaper if sli isn't in mind.

Is that more of a definite yes to sli or no? The system could be quite cheaper if sli isn't in mind.

Then no. Make the build cheaper.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

I feel like the motherboard, case, cooling and power supply is a overkill. 

If you are only doing ten 1080p I would get the cooler master cooler master silencio 352. Get like a 120 dollar micro atx from msi. 650 watt power supply. And instead of such expensive cooling I would get 16 gb ram and just put a cooler master evo cpu cooler. And just save the rest of the money. 

Worry about now. Your friend is not adding another gtx 970 in a year ... because new gpus. Also DDR4 becoming mainstream. Also GTX 970 with 3.5 GB vram probably not a good idea for 4k long term. 

Untitled.png

This is what I would do and this should be about $1500 CAD. The backplate and the witcher game is "free". Disregard those and you don't need them. Also only get 8 gb if that is all you need ...

I feel like the motherboard, case, cooling and power supply is a overkill. 

If you are only doing ten 1080p I would get the cooler master cooler master silencio 352. Get like a 120 dollar micro atx from msi. 650 watt power supply. And instead of such expensive cooling I would get 16 gb ram and just put a cooler master evo cpu cooler. And just save the rest of the money. 

Worry about now. Your friend is not adding another gtx 970 in a year ... because new gpus. Also DDR4 becoming mainstream. Also GTX 970 with 3.5 GB vram probably not a good idea for 4k long term. 

Any suggestions? For like the motherboard.

MicroATX cases are small and don't provide as much as a normal ATX. And many people have created many full ATX PCs for around the same price.

For gaming, 16 GB is really not of much use, so I'd save there.

As for the PSU and case, go ahead and change it.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Changed the PSU to a 80+ Gold Seasonic 550W and the cooler to a NH-U12S. Anymore improvements please fire me at them.

My Current Build:

Future Upgrades
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

Then no. Make the build cheaper.

How's this look instead? http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/LRd4vK