beginners programming software

Griffscavern
Go to solution Solved by Prastupok,

Python, Ruby, Java... all free IDEs (And the one's I'd recommend starting with)

Also, check out Visual Studio Community, it's free.

Another thing. I figure this build will be great for this. What's your opinion?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/griffscavern/saved/HmLqqs

I know I have a few things that are unnecessary, but plan on moving to a 4790k and learning to oc and moving the Xeon to a nas.

That's a pretty decent, all around computer, that you can game on as well. It'll do fine for programming.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Thank you. I will look into these. I was looking at a python course a little bit ago and got interested. Will it be somewhat understandable for my kid?

Yes. I'm 15 and I've started programming by learning python. It's easy to understand.

codecademy.com is great

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Java but a modified application development system. I just started with Processing 2 ( www.processing.org - free download and compand list+explanation under references on the webpage). It is very visual so you can see very satisfing visual results very fast. I like it but it is only good for starting out and learning not actually for large projects. Keep that in mind while you use it.

Thank you. Will check it out too.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Yes. I'm 15 and I've started programming by learning python. It's easy to understand.

Good. I really want him to enjoy it too.

That's a pretty decent, all around computer, that you can game on as well. It'll do fine for programming.

Thanks. I came up with that build after months, and I do mean months, of research.

Another thing. I figure this build will be great for this. What's your opinion?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/griffscavern/saved/HmLqqs

I know I have a few things that are unnecessary, but plan on moving to a 4790k and learning to oc and moving the Xeon to a nas. Just can't justify the extra money in the budget for the 4790 just yet.

I hope you're not from Europe because the 4790k is really really overpriced here right now. Also I am not shure what you want to do but i would go with a i5 4690k which is enough for most tasks.

I also reccomend starting a build threat. More people can give you more qualified opinions then mine there. :D

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Scratch could be a good start also.

No

NO

NONONONOONONONOONONONONOON

NEVER SAY SCRATCH AGAIN

THAT THING IS A HORRID PIECE OF CRAP

I honestly have no idea why anyone thinks it's a good idea to use it

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I hope you're not from Europe because the 4790k is really really overpriced here right now. Also I am not shure what you want to do but i would go with a i5 4690k which is enough for most tasks.

I also reccomend starting a build threat. More people can give you more qualified opinions then mine there. :D

No, I am from the US, and definitely want more cores for "future proof" reasons.

No

NO

NONONONOONONONOONONONONOON

NEVER SAY SCRATCH AGAIN

THAT THING IS A HORRID PIECE OF CRAP

I honestly have no idea why anyone thinks it's a good idea to use it

Lol I take it you don't like scratch? It's hard to read between the lines on your post. Seem kind of dispassionate in your reply. ;)

Lol I take it you don't like scratch? It's hard to read between the lines on your post. Seem kind of dispassionate in your reply. ;)

I despise Scratch, it has a patronising interface, does a horrible job of teach programming concepts, the things you produce with it are really laggy and the whole resource system is just horrid.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15