H110i GT vs Kraken X61 vs Nepton 280L

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Joseph,

I was not aware that Corsair will replace damaged components but NZXT will not. My H100i did a fine job, has a metal backplate, and now you say they will replace stuff if the H110i GT leaks?

Yes, that is correct. If for some reason, our cooler decided to leak and happens to damage other hardware in your system, we will provide compensation for the damaged components, replace your cooler with a brand new one, and cover postage fees both ways so you don't pay a dime when you send the damaged parts back to us for evaluation. That's all true, provided that our findings would point out to our cooler being the culprit during investigation. 

With that said, leak issue is the least report we get from our customers ever since we started AIO coolers, so they are pretty rare, but they do happen. And when it does, we'll make sure that you guys are well taken care of. 

Just gave my H100i to my GF for her Rig:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/BGzMnQ

I felt like a 240 AIO was a bit out of place in my Enthoo Pro, so I'm going to upgrade to a 280 AIO.

I'm sure this has been asked many times here, but which of the three are the best overall? Cooling, build quality, noise, and software.

I'll be going push-pull with the stock fans from the AIO plus two 140mm Phanteks SP fans. So which would suite this build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bVL6FT

...the best?

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Either the X61 or the H110i.
Afaik the Nepton fans don't perform that great and the X61 and H110I look a lot better in my opinion.

X61. And it'll match in with your color sch-  Uhh, never mind.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Either the X61 or the H110i.

Afaik the Nepton fans don't perform that great and the X61 and H110I look a lot better in my opinion.

X61... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's my fear with the X61... the plastic backplate. Any significant issues with it?

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Here's my fear with the X61... the plastic backplate. Any significant issues with it?

Nope, nothing wrong at all. It may sound unreliable and cheap. and it sorta is....But the cooler is fantastic! I would go for it.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

To be honest I had more trouble with Corsair H110 backplate, with the X61 not a single problem :)

Kraken it is.

RELEASE THE KRAKENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wait, why not a custom loop? The Enthoo Pro practically is made for water cooling loops.

Kraken it is.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

RELEASE THE KRAKENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wait, why not a custom loop? The Enthoo Pro practically is made for water cooling loops.

I have no patience for doing a custom loop. It's just easier, and more efficient, for me to go AIO.

You have no patience. Lol. 

It's all good though. I have done a loop before and it is a long, boring, tideous process. I probably wouldn't have been able to do it without the person helping me. :P

What are you going to set the LED on the top to? It's fully customizable. From what I know about you you'd probably make it...bright pink maybe?

Anyway,all  color scheme (what color scheme) jokes aside. the x61 will be a good option for you.

Happy cooling!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

You have no patience. Lol. 

It's all good though. I have done a loop before and it is a long, boring, tideous process. I probably wouldn't have been able to do it without the person helping me. :P

What are you going to set the LED on the top to? It's fully customizable. From what I know about you you'd probably make it...bright pink maybe?

Anyway,all  color scheme (what color scheme) jokes aside. the x61 will be a good option for you.

Happy cooling!

custom loop in his build is unnecessary and costly / time consuming

an aio is just the better option for average (and even some power) users

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

custom loop in his build is unnecessary and costly / time consuming

an aio is just the better option for average (and even some power) users

Just a gaming build, no productivity. So an AIO fits it perfectly. Even a light Overclock at 4.4ghz.

Just a gaming build, no productivity. So an AIO fits it perfectly. Even a light Overclock at 4.4ghz.

in which case any/all of these coolers will be perfect. currently cooling my 4790k @ 4.5ghz/1.17v with an h80i single fan setup

upgrading to h110i gt here soon, it's on the way ^^

for you, x61 or h110i gt are the 'better' (most reliable) choices, i'd have gone with corsair just in case the cooler leaks and breaks other parts

not sure if nzxt offers replacing parts that were damaged due to leaks

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

And I'm just stuck here with my Raijintek Triton.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

And I'm just stuck here with my Raijintek Triton.

which is an aio, with a void warranty if you so much as add something to the loop even though that's what it was designed for

:/ why say 'go with custom loop' if you technically didn't do that yourself.

which is an aio, with a void warranty if you so much as add something to the loop even though that's what it was designed for

:/ why say 'go with custom loop' if you technically didn't do that yourself.

Why do I need to have a custom loop to recommend one? I have done plenty of work with them. I just don't have enough money to make one for my own system.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Why do I need to have a custom loop to recommend one? I have done plenty of work with them. I just don't have enough money to make one for my own system.

then why suggest it

like that makes no sense

'get a lamborghini because they're the best, but i don't have one because it's too expensive'

lol..

in which case any/all of these coolers will be perfect. currently cooling my 4790k @ 4.5ghz/1.17v with an h80i single fan setup

upgrading to h110i gt here soon, it's on the way ^^

for you, x61 or h110i gt are the 'better' (most reliable) choices, i'd have gone with corsair just in case the cooler leaks and breaks other parts

not sure if nzxt offers replacing parts that were damaged due to leaks

I was not aware that Corsair will replace damaged components but NZXT will not. My H100i did a fine job, has a metal backplate, and now you say they will replace stuff if the H110i GT leaks?

then why suggest it

like that makes no sense

'get a lamborghini because they're the best, but i don't have one because it's too expensive'

lol..

Way to put things out of proportion. I'm recommending a loop because I have done work with them in the past. And have seen amazing temps from them. Vex didn't exactly say he had a budget. Therefore I recommended the best option. Don't be an asshole. thank you.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

The H110 GT must come with an improved warranty.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

they say it's a 'case by case' basis, but what they mean is if it's not your fault (the aio was faulty) they'll replace damaged parts if the cooler leaks.

it's the reason i went with the h110i gt and have an h80i currently.

Yes, that is correct. If for some reason, our cooler decided to leak and happens to damage other hardware in your system, we will provide compensation for the damaged components, replace your cooler with a brand new one, and cover postage fees both ways so you don't pay a dime when you send the damaged parts back to us for evaluation. That's all true, provided that our findings would point out to our cooler being the culprit during investigation. 

With that said, leak issue is the least report we get from our customers ever since we started AIO coolers, so they are pretty rare, but they do happen. And when it does, we'll make sure that you guys are well taken care of. 

With all of this being said, my prior experience with the H100i, and the metal backplate, I'll be switching my selection to whatever the best Corsair 280mm AIO is. I'm assuming the H110i GT?

^ by technical spec, yes H110i GT hands down.. my personal favorite as well  :)